Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old November 15, 2009   #76
RonnyWil
Tomatovillian™

Received my order today, Beauty King, Large Barred Boar, Berkeley Tie-Dye and Pink Berkeley Tie-Dye. Twelve weeks till start time and counting.
Old November 16, 2009   #77
disneynut1977
Tomatovillian™

I have both of my orders also.

Large Barred Boar
Berkeley Tie-Dye Heart

AAA Solano
Michael Pollan
Red Boar
Sweet Carneros Pink

Can't Wait

Melissa1977
Old November 18, 2009   #78
feraltomatoes
Tomatovillian™

Icelord,
I am offering what I have in fresh-high germination seed. Some of my varieties I only have small amounts of seed that is several years old and on the need to update list. Send me a PM if there is something in that you want that's not showing up, I will send you a few if I have them.

I have been working on some new stuff that had taken some priority also.(should post some pics of some varieties that are a year or two away).
Old November 20, 2009   #79
travis
Tomatovillian™

New and different trumps the older especially when the older already should be available in the mainstream OP trading channels. Keep up the great work, Brad.
travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15, 2010   #80
Vince
Tomatovillian™

Of course I could have asked for free seed on this web site. However, I am very happy to spend a few bucks to support a relatively small and wonderful operation. I ordered seed from WBF once before and as I remember They came in a timely manner and grew true to description. Maybe 15-20 seeds per pack. I just ordered some on the 9th of June and got them today, wow that was fast. Amazingly, the seed packs for berkeley Tie die heart, pork chop and Sweet carneros pink have at least 100 seeds per pack, wow. Honestly, far more than I need, but very greatly appreciated. It is going to be a good fall! I'll start these in a few weeks. I guess this is what you get for ordering during the off season. Thanks Janet and Brad! Ordering seed from WBFs is highly recommended.
Old June 15, 2010   #81
sprtsguy76
Tomatovillian™

Vince- I've got a Berkeley Tie-Dye Heart in the garden that have some fruit set about the size of a dime. Cant wait to cut one open and taste it. I too was very happy to order from WBF as well, but I didn't get no 100 seeds per pack!

Damon
sprtsguy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15, 2010   #82
Vince
Tomatovillian™

As I said off season maybe? Or maybe they were rewarding a return customer. We'll see next time.
Old October 21, 2010   #83
dipchip2000
Tomatovillian™

I still have not received my order from WBF which was placed on sept 18th. My credit card was charged but so far no seeds or communication from. I have emailed them and still no replies of any kind. I even PM ed Brad at feraltomatoes and still no communication. Since everyone here raves about the varieties and service I can only wonder what is going on. While I am not mad yet I am a little upset about no communication to tell me they are delayed,out of stock,or whatever. Just needed to vent a little.
ron
dipchip2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21, 2010   #84
Tania
Tomatovillian™

Ron,

This is probably the busiest time on a farm - harvest, seed saving, cleaning, you name it.

This is why many seed companies officially stop shipping seeds from mid-August to December.

I am in the same situation as you, but with Heirloom Seed company. I think this may be just a bad time of year to order seeds... I am OK as long as they ship the seeds before February, as I do not plant until then

Tania

Tatiana's TOMATObase
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21, 2010   #85
Bama mater
Tomatovillian™

WBF Brad & Janet have always taken care of me the past 3 years. There is a phone # on thier website you can call, give that a try.
Bama mater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22, 2010   #86
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

Like Tania said, this is a terrible time of the year for those of us that grow our own seeds. I have a bunch of buckets (more than 50) sitting in the barn to be processed for seeds and lots more to be picked. I also use the farm for my total income so we do 4 farmers markets / week til the end of the month and then will still have 1 / Sat til Christmas if I still have product.

I was 4-6 weeks behind on orders last month. I still have 1 order sitting here that I just haven't had the time to make up 40+ seed packs yet. Hopefully it will get done next week.

I'm not making excusses, just explaining that what is YOUR "off season", isn't ours. We may have few orders to fill right now, but have LOTS of other work that's keeping us busy.

Carol
Wi-sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22, 2010   #87
dipchip2000
Tomatovillian™

Tania and Carol

I guess I just wasnt thinking about the problems and work involved on the other end of an order. I apologize for being so quick to badmouth a company that so many people are happy with. I will exercise more patience in the future and again accept my apologies. I know I have plenty of patience cause I never use any of it.
ron
dipchip2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22, 2010   #88
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

Hey, no problem.

I realize that most board members here probably never ordered from a company that actually grows their own seed before you joined TV.

Virtually ALL the big "catalog" companies simply order bulk quantities of seeds from the few big companies that actually do the growing. For those companies I suppose this IS their "off season" as far as orders go and hopefully you get fast service at this time.

Carol
Wi-sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25, 2010   #89
Timbotide
Tomatovillian™

I placed my order with WBF on 10/21/10 and my seed arrived Today.
That is what I call fast delivery.
Has anyone tried their Sweet Carneros Pink Tomato?
I am wondering how it will do in the heat and humidity we have in Central
Alabama.
Timbotide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 1, 2010   #90
amberroses
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbotide View Post
I placed my order with WBF on 10/21/10 and my seed arrived Today.
That is what I call fast delivery.
Has anyone tried their Sweet Carneros Pink Tomato?
I am wondering how it will do in the heat and humidity we have in Central
Alabama.
Timbotide- I am growing Sweet Carneros Pink right now. There are no ripe fruit yet, but I will share my observations so far. I haven't had any fruit set problems, but our weather for October was low humidity mid 80s in early October and upper 80s high humidity for the last two weeks. It is a very tall plant so plan accordingly. No disease issues yet.
amberroses is offline   Reply With Quote