Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old October 29, 2018   #16
NicolasGarcia
Tomatovillian™

Tomato bombeta 2018, I hung them in the month of July, as you can see in the photo, some tomatoes are losing, it is normal to have some low. Last year I lasted about 7 months
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2018-10-29_17-00-38-127.jpg (531.2 KB, 109 views)

Nico.
NicolasGarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29, 2018   #17
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicolasGarcia View Post
Tomato bombeta is multiflora, very resistant to diseases and perhaps the most productive tomato plant I have ever seen, it hurts that tomatoes are small in size
Aha!!!!

I just got seeds for Bombeta, as promised to me by Vladimir in the Czech Republic. He also included seeds for Jahodo,a cherry tomato he likes a lot..

And since it's a trade situation I now have to get back to him with, as I promised him and that's

Rosa de Zarautz and Negro de Olmeda.

Seeds are good, especially tomato seeds.

Carolyn
Old October 29, 2018   #18
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
As Carolyne says, everything is correct. I think it will surprise you white ibiza, for me the flaw it has is that it is a plant not very vigorous, with a very thin stem and perhaps unproductive for me.
This year I made a cross of white ibiza and 100 in branch, 100 in branch is a super multiflora plant, super productive and that agunatan their tomatoes also enough time.
Thank you
Would your 100 in branch possibly be calleed

100 en POM LL-51 that I also got from Paco and he called it a Colgar one,but I didn't write multiflora in my data book..

Carolyn
Old October 29, 2018   #19
NicolasGarcia
Tomatovillian™

I'm glad Carolyne.
Farmers in the Balearic Islands take tomato seeds that last longer and year after year, and I do that every year.

Nico

Nico.
Old October 29, 2018   #20
NicolasGarcia
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
Would your 100 in branch possibly be calleed

100 en POM LL-51 that I also got from Paco and he called it a Colgar one,but I didn't write multiflora in my data book..

Carolyn
Maybe 100 in pom is correct but (LL-51) I do not know what it is.
100 in rama is a multiflora plant, there is also a plant that is called 100 en rama of the penedes. 100 in branch is the multiflora tomato that has the biggest tomatoes that I have ever seen in a multiflora, it is an incredible plant

Nico.
Old October 29, 2018   #21
NicolasGarcia
Tomatovillian™

I am going to give you some advice on the cultivation of said tomato.
The tomato to hang, practically all the varieties are of medium maturity, between 70-80 days since their transplant so you have to program your sowing and planting so that the main maturation is between July 15 and August 15, by the next reason, from the middle of August in most of the regions the nighttime humps begin, a lot of temperature variation between day and night and some rains, when the tomato has these cracking irregularities and the conservation is lower , the tomato that lasts most is the one that hangs in July.
In its cultivation it is practically like in all the tomatoes, but it is advisable not to fertilize it with any fertilizer rich in nitrogen, equal in chemists that in natural ones, it is very good fertilizers rich in potash, this gives them sweet and reinforces the skin, basic for its conservation, it is convenient when they begin to flower, to pass in water stress, not to water them until the small tomatoes are formed or you lose all the first bouquet or part of the, later, for every two times that the salad ones are irrigated Once I hang them I water them every 15 days and I am in a very hot area, so it is advisable not to mix them with others, it is very convenient to apply them several times copper, if they catch some mildew, at first glance it will not be see, but it affects its conservation, so we will arrive at the harvest, when each bunch has fifty percent ripe, we can take the whole bunch and hang it.
For post-harvest conservation, it is convenient to put it in a store with low humidity and having the lowest temperature variation, so in a dry environment and little temperature variation, you will usually have tomatoes until April, May of next year, in this section it contributes a lot the climate of each one, I join each year from one harvest to the next

Nico.
Old October 29, 2018   #22
NicolasGarcia
Tomatovillian™

The link is copied from a colleague in the Spanish tomato forum, I put them apart from the rest of the tomato plants and water them half as much water as the rest, and it works very well for me

Nico.
Old October 29, 2018   #23
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

Very important information, thank you Nico
Karen
KarenO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29, 2018   #24
NicolasGarcia
Tomatovillian™

A pleasure Karen

Nico.
Old October 29, 2018   #25
NicolasGarcia
Tomatovillian™

Default PHOTOS

Some photos of hanging tomato
Attached Images
File Type: jpg colgar.JPG (96.3 KB, 105 views)
File Type: jpg 5474e77fc10ca.jpg (221.1 KB, 109 views)

Nico.
Old October 29, 2018   #26
Nan_PA_6b
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Hello, ibiza blanca is the earliest ramallet I know, it is super precocious, I am surprised that you have been very late, des figeral endures little, and flower of artana me hard to my 3 months alone. Who has been your seed source?
My first Ibiza seedling died, and the second one didn't grow for the first month. It was so weak it took a long time to start.

You were my seed source. I think the seeds were damaged by the machines in the post/mail.

Nan
Nan_PA_6b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30, 2018   #27
NicolasGarcia
Tomatovillian™

Nan_PA_6b, I'm sorry about the seeds, maybe the seeds were sent by my partner Baikal. Do not worry I'm happy to send you new seeds.
Nico

Nico.
Old October 30, 2018   #28
Nan_PA_6b
Tomatovillian™

Nicolas, I did get tomatoes (and saved seeds) from 4 of the 5 varieties I planted. So they are not a problem at all. Colgar Alacon is the only one that did not germinate.

I am very grateful to you and Baikal for the seeds he sent. I still have your seeds for 5 new varieties to grow in 2019. Do not send new seeds this year. Let's talk after the 2019 harvest.

Nan
Old October 30, 2018   #29
PhilaGardener
Tomatovillian™

Very interested to hear how yours store for you (and taste), Nan. I tried 2 storage varieties (I'll have to go back and check what they were) a few years ago but didn't get many tomatoes from them.
PhilaGardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30, 2018   #30
Nan_PA_6b
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilaGardener View Post
Very interested to hear how yours store for you (and taste), Nan. I tried 2 storage varieties (I'll have to go back and check what they were) a few years ago but didn't get many tomatoes from them.
Flor de Artana is hanging in my basement and holding well. Very productive.

Ramallet Ibiza Blanca and Ramallet San Llorens are sitting in a bowl in my kitchen and ripening extremely slowly. You couldn't use them in the first few months if you wanted to. Hard to evaluate productivity due to an extremely late start on these two, but Ibiza was better than San Llorens.

Ramallet des Figural ripened quickly and didn't hold long at all, but a lot of those were blemished. The most productive.