Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Have a great invention to help with gardening? Are you the self-reliant type that prefers Building It Yourself vs. buying it? Share and discuss your ideas and projects with other members.

Old November 19, 2016   #16
MrSalvage
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
Now go pick up some nozzle jelly.
I hope it works for you.
I bet he does have to pay tax.
Some people thought they could get away from tax by the barter system they still have to pay tax.

Worth
LoL didn't know I needed some. My lord something else to buy. Some say pam works too I see. I guess i should have bought a pair of welpers while i was up at harbor freight today as well. I did get a couple pair of welders gloves, wire brush & and a slag pick. I had to pee so bad I just couldn't think of anything else. I keep looking at the spools of wire. I know I need them but not to sure yet what type of welding each type is for. I still need to learn all the new to me lingo.

I did grab a mini tire machine tho and a pair of spoons while i was there. I am tired of all this junk I have, having bad & flat tires. Now i can fix all that crap my self and in turn save a few bucks. Heck i bought a pair of wheels a few weeks back for $4.00 each from hf. The wheels don't fit my latest project but the tires and tube's on those wheels are a perfect match to what is on this old Snapper. It's a shame the wheels don't fit the front stub axles on that thing. On the other hand it's good the snapper has fat front stubs.

Anyway i drilled 4 holes in that big cable spool i use for a work table. Then mounted that little tire machine on it with 1/2 bolts and some fat washers from Lowes. Then that big ole front blew in and it started to rain. So I am out of commision atm.

Here is a picture of that old Snapper I am fixing. Plus the little tire machine. I hope i able to weld a new shifter on this thing. Plus maybe close up the minor rust hole's in one part of the deck. My ole lady keeps saying i will look like forest gump on that thing when I get it fixed. Now if i can figure out what model this snapper is so I can see the orientation of a factory shifter. I will fab one up out of something. Maybe a piece of prop rod from an old car or something.

Now back to the kid... He has some pretty neat & informative videos. I am picking up on some stuff. My girl got mad at me the other night and started stomping around. She went and grabbed a pair of head phones and thru them at me. lol... Some guy speaking a language i know nothing of and started yelling at the beginning of one of those welding vids and woke her up. Poor thang...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN6033.jpg (453.3 KB, 93 views)
MrSalvage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20, 2016   #17
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

I remember the old Snappers had a tubular frame I think.
Yeah you start something up and end up needing all sorts of stuff.

At least Lowes and Home Depot have new tips and wire for the MIG welders.

I remember the first time I ever saw a wire feed welder, what ----- is that thing.

Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20, 2016   #18
dmforcier
Tomatovillian™

Nozzle jelly is not something rude?

Stupidity got us into this mess. Why can't it get us out?
- Will Rogers

dmforcier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 20, 2016   #19
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

It keeps spatter from clogging up the nozzle.
You dip your nozzle in it.

Worth
Old November 20, 2016   #20
dmforcier
Tomatovillian™

I repeat the question.

- Will Rogers

Old November 20, 2016   #21
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

It keeps stuff from sticking to your nozzle.
Worth
Old November 21, 2016   #22
Jimbotomateo
Tomatovillian™

Default Nozzolas

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmforcier View Post
I repeat the question.
Jimbotomateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21, 2016   #23
loulac
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
I repeat the question.
I’m not stupid enough to try to compete with Texan humor but I enjoy it when occasion arises. Let me help my fellow T. visitors who like me are not lucky enough to master all the subtleties of American English. Nozle is a problem ? just check the word in Urban dictionary, http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nozzle . I won’t do all the work, Choose the nearest word in the list !

Last edited by loulac; November 21, 2016 at 04:56 AM.
loulac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21, 2016   #24
heirloomtomaguy
Tomatovillian™

In this instance Worth is not being funny but helpful. In my first picture I am pointing to the nozzle of a MIG gun. It serves two major purposes. First it is a shield for the electrode in which the wire travels through. Second it directs the gas you are using to protect the weld from contaminates. In my second picture is a nozzle spray that I use. It works the same as nozzle jelly without having to dip the nozzle. Lastly weld spatter is molten metal splatter created when you weld
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20161121_061010-747x1328.jpg (156.5 KB, 72 views)
File Type: jpg 20161121_060945-747x1328.jpg (158.7 KB, 72 views)
“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."

Last edited by heirloomtomaguy; November 21, 2016 at 12:06 PM.
heirloomtomaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21, 2016   #25
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Thank you.
This spray and other products work great if you dont want weld splatter on the stuff you are welding too.
Even with a stick welder.

Worth
Old November 21, 2016   #26
dmforcier
Tomatovillian™

Sitting here laughing my nozzle off. Good way to start the week.

loulac, those definitions are mostly hilarious all on their own but don't have much to do with the ambiguity of the word as abused here. For that, see HTG's first kind picture.

... which still seems kinda rude, despite the explicit disambiguation.

- Will Rogers

Old November 23, 2016   #27
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Sitting here laughing my nozzle off. Good way to start the week.

loulac, those definitions are mostly hilarious all on their own but don't have much to do with the ambiguity of the word as abused here. For that, see HTG's first kind picture.

... which still seems kinda rude, despite the explicit disambiguation.
You cant go to that site without finding some sort of extreme vulgarity for just about every word there is.

Worth
Old December 2, 2016   #28
MrSalvage
Tomatovillian™

Welp I keep popping the breaker. I kinda thought 14/2 and a 15 amp breaker wouldn't cut the mustard but had to try.

I have momma buying a roll of 12/2 now. Guess i will be pulling a 20 amp line this weekend. Not a bad price on the stuff. It's under $50.00 for 250ft @ Lowes & Home Depot. I might as well pull a few lines or just rewire the whole darn house.
Old December 2, 2016   #29
MrSalvage
Tomatovillian™

Oh my can of generic pam worked fine. That is for the 5 or 6 training welds I did get to do. I was just starting to get the hang of it on the last two.
Old April 7, 2017   #30
kameronth
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSalvage View Post
Welp I keep popping the breaker. I kinda thought 14/2 and a 15 amp breaker wouldn't cut the mustard but had to try.

I have momma buying a roll of 12/2 now. Guess i will be pulling a 20 amp line this weekend. Not a bad price on the stuff. It's under $50.00 for 250ft @ Lowes & Home Depot. I might as well pull a few lines or just rewire the whole darn house.
I have a Hobart 140 I use just for tinkering and small repairs. I have the same issue when I turn up the amperage. Now I just run it off my generator. I never run my generator enough so I kill two birds with one stone, my generator gets used and I stop popping my garage breaker.
kameronth is offline   Reply With Quote