Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Have a great invention to help with gardening? Are you the self-reliant type that prefers Building It Yourself vs. buying it? Share and discuss your ideas and projects with other members.

Old August 11, 2017   #16
dmforcier
Tomatovillian™

I'm with Worth. The secret to not losing digits is the clear realization that YOU COULD LOSE DIGITS on this tool. I run my blades naked, and I'm fully aware of how to feed and receive from them without risk.

The brake saw is a wonder, but the difference in cost is about 300% higher. How much are you willing to pay for your inattentiveness?

Stupidity got us into this mess. Why can't it get us out?
- Will Rogers

dmforcier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11, 2017   #17
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmforcier View Post
I'm with Worth. The secret to not losing digits is the clear realization that YOU COULD LOSE DIGITS on this tool. I run my blades naked, and I'm fully aware of how to feed and receive from them without risk.

The brake saw is a wonder, but the difference in cost is about 300% higher. How much are you willing to pay for your inattentiveness?
But with today's lawsuit happy people you cant even trust your own mother not to sue you if she gets hurt using your equipment.
They have so many rules and regulations at some places if a person does get hurt it must have been there fault some how.
And they will find a way to blame it on you.
Saw it all to often on the slope.
even with there rules and safety measures they didn't follow nor had they heard of some basic shop practices.
They thought they were better than the law but in reality worse.

In ten years I couldn't find one person that knew you should test a grinding wheel before you used it nor how to test it.
Or why you tested it.
They wanted me you use gloves and I told them it was against OSHA regulations to use them around rotating equipment.
They said our policy is better than OSHA.
I said no it isn't your idea of making someone wear gloves is against regulations because you will get someones hand ripped off.
We dont follow OSHA we follow BP.
That really ticked me off and told them we lived in America not the UK.
Then the head safety guy said I was right.
They was an idiot foreman they got rid of.

Worth.
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11, 2017   #18
Father'sDaughter
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post

That really ticked me off and told them we lived in America not the UK.
Then the head safety guy said I was right.
They was an idiot foreman they got rid of.

Worth.

I know someone who has worked for a couple of large US based companies and a couple of British based ones. The British based companies were sticklers for safety and enforced OSHA regulations and training requirements to the nth degree. The US based ones paid them a little lip service, but otherwise ignored them.

Sound like BP just played by their own rules.
Father'sDaughter is offline   Reply With Quote