Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old April 17, 2019   #1486
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicolasGarcia View Post
Hi all.
I show you some pictures of KARMA pink from a friend who lives in Murcia (SPAIN). Murcia is located in the southeast of the Iberian Peninsula, 40 kilometers from the Mediterranean Sea.
He is a great farmer.
greetings
Nico
Perfect!
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23, 2019   #1487
jmsieglaff
Tomatovillian™

Great germination for my KARMA Peach and KARMA Purple Multiflora. Potted up a tiny one of each tonight. Looking forward to them!
jmsieglaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23, 2019   #1488
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsieglaff View Post
Great germination for my KARMA Peach and KARMA Purple Multiflora. Potted up a tiny one of each tonight. Looking forward to them!
Great!
KarenO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24, 2019   #1489
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsieglaff View Post
Such great news!
I would love to hear about others germination,good or bad.
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25, 2019   #1490
MI Farmer
Tomatovillian™

KARMA Pink growing strong here. Too cold to go outside yet.
MI Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25, 2019   #1491
IronPete
Tomatovillian™

Just reporting in. Started 6 seeds of Tiaga on April 10 and and all germinated within a week. Started 6 of Karma Pink the same day and all germinated within a week. Started 8 seeds of Karma Purple MF and 7 germinated within a week (the 8th came up the next day). So 100% germination!! I have culled a few as I don't have a huge space for growing but the remaining seedlings are very healthy looking and have all got real leaves (not the initial seed shaped ones) growing. I hadn't realized Tiaga was potato leafed. For some reason I had expected it to have droopy, regular heart-type foliage. Instead they have droopy potato leaf foliage. All good. ��

Iron Pete

"We can agree to disagree."
IronPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25, 2019   #1492
akgardengirl
Tomatovillian™

I had great germination on all 5 of the varieties: Karma Peach, Karma Purple multiflora, Polaris, True Colors and Midnight Sun. The last two didn't make it after I stressed them with the new lights being too close. I have buds with some flowers on the Karma Purple multiflora but it is appearing to be not a multiflora. All that survived are looking very healthy!
Sue
akgardengirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25, 2019   #1493
wxcrawler
Tomatovillian™

akgardengirl.....My KARMA Purple Multiflora didn't look like it was a multiflora either when it first started throwing out blooms. But after a couple of more weeks, it looks more multifloral now. Give it some time.

Lee
wxcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25, 2019   #1494
akgardengirl
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for that information Lee. I am happy with it either way but that is great that it will start producing more soon. I am use to growing D. Follette's micro multifloras which put out the big spray of buds right away!
Sue
Old April 25, 2019   #1495
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by akgardengirl View Post
Thanks for that information Lee. I am happy with it either way but that is great that it will start producing more soon. I am use to growing D. Follette's micro multifloras which put out the big spray of buds right away!
Sue
Hi,
KARMA purple Multiflora is not massively Multiflora as others can be.
It was called that when it segregated due to the mildly Multiflora branching trusses that distinguish it from the regular smaller trusses of it’s sister KARMA purple. If growing both you will see a difference in this as well as the shape of the fruit with KARMA purple Multiflora having more pronounced dark shoulders and a different flavour.
The trusses would typically set maybe 20 (vs 6 or 7 in KP) fruits for me but that can be variable due to weather etc. Unlike other Multiflora who sometimes put all their energy into one big cluster, your will have continuous blooming and setting on the small ones of KARMA purple.

Last edited by KarenO; April 25, 2019 at 01:22 PM.
Old April 25, 2019   #1496
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
I had great germination on all 5 of the varieties: Karma Peach, Karma Purple multiflora, Polaris, True Colors and Midnight Sun. The last two didn't make it after I stressed them with the new lights being too close. I have buds with some flowers on the Karma Purple multiflora but it is appearing to be not a multiflora. All that survived are looking very healthy!
Sue
Sorry to hear you won’t get to try the hearts, maybe next year
Karen
Old April 25, 2019   #1497
akgardengirl
Tomatovillian™

Next year I will have those True North hearts Karen! I learned my lesson on the new lights. I will take a photo of the Karma purple mf. I have 2 of them, very healthy plants!
Sue
Old April 25, 2019   #1498
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Next year I will have those True North hearts Karen! I learned my lesson on the new lights. I will take a photo of the Karma purple mf. I have 2 of them, very healthy plants!
Sue
They are early enough to restart if you fertilize and get them growing fast and baby them from frost at the end of the season ... they won't have time to reach their potential but you would get some fruit to taste I’m sure.
K
Old April 25, 2019   #1499
wxcrawler
Tomatovillian™

Karen,

That is exactly what I'm getting now. The first couple of trusses didn't have as many blooms, but the last several have been in the 20-ish bloom range. Can't wait to get some ripe fruit from this one!

Lee
Old April 25, 2019   #1500
wxcrawler
Tomatovillian™

Default Pictures

Here are some pictures...KARMA Purple Multiflora, KARMA Peach, KARMA Pink, and True Colours. Seed was started Feb 2 and 4.

Lee
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KARMApurpMF.jpg (656.6 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg KARMApeach.jpg (714.2 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg KARMApink.jpg (610.9 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg TrueColours.jpg (668.6 KB, 95 views)