Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old June 13, 2013   #181
Ruth_10
Tomatovillian™

I was out working in the tomato beds this morning and my mouth was watering, thinking about the tomatoes to come. Carolyn, your generosity and advocacy of all things tomato are much appreciated. To Carolyn, the Tomato Advocate General, here's wishing you a speedy recovery!

Some say the glass half-full. Others say the glass is half-empty. To an engineer, it’s twice as big as it needs to be.
Ruth_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13, 2013   #182
b54red
Tomatovillian™

Mischka, thanks for the update and the laugh. Good for her and it sounds like she is getting her grove back. Next she'll be sneaking down to the nurses station and logging on to Tomatoville in the middle of the night.

Sounds like she is about ready for a good homegrown tomato. That would really perk her up.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13, 2013   #183
dokutaaguriin
Tomatovillian™

I wish Carolyn a speedy recovery!
dokutaaguriin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13, 2013   #184
Patihum
Tomatovillian™

She's home! She posted on the Idig forum around eight-thirty this evening.
Patihum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13, 2013   #185
Ozark
Tomatovillian™

That's great! Glad you're doing better, Carolyn.
Ozark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14, 2013   #186
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Yes, I came home yesterday late in the wheelchair transport van, temp was 60 on pouring rain and had someone here to meet the van to help me go from the wheelcair to my own walker here at home and into my home that way. My brother in NC knows the several steps I have to use, backwards, to get in here, as do Craig L and Mischka, who have also been to my home. First thing I did was to call my brother and left a message telling him I was home.

Just briefly, I've had 4 previous surgeries for K stones, so was able to Dx what had happened, called myself for the rescue squad folks and the good thing about being in a small town area I knew Jim and Steve who came.

I had tried to go to the bathroom after calling and it was in there that I just collapsed and they had a hard time finding my blood pressure, and extricating me from the floor to the stretcher.

To the ER, barfing all the way, taken for a cat scan, they called my urologinst ASAP, and Dr Bain, the hospitalist I knew from the K incident last year when I fell and split my head open was also there.

The urologist said I had to have emegency surgery that Fri AM, which ws dicey b;c my white count was 55,000 and bp VERY LOW and for those who know the 55 K is almost off the charts. He found that the stone and the whole right ureter was pussy and infected, so put in a stent and I was tranferred to ICU and eventually top another floor after several days in ICU.

I was in the hospital for 7 days before being transferred to rehab via ambulance and was there for another week, beofre springing myself free, have to tell you ab0ut that.

The County comes today and now I have to clear the infection and then back to surgery to get the D stone out.

I found 733 e-mails when I turned on the compauter and did as much dfeleting as I could, checked a few other sites and yes, I did one post at idig abut BER.

I just read through this whole thread and I want to thank ALL of you for your kind words andsupport.

More to come, I just got ujp for a comfot break, turned on the light by my bed and the bulb went poof when I tried to put a new bulb in it shattered spewing glass shards all over the place. So I'llhave to see if Freda can stop by to extricate the rest of the bulb in the socket.

My cat was so glad to see me and never left me alone. She's still in my bed waiting for me to go back to bed, despite the fact that the lady taking care of her bought DOG kibble for her when I said Meow Mix. No dog I ever knew meowed. Freda saw that and had to buy asmall bag of MEow Mix for her.

The person who met me here is someone I know very well, she used to get my groceries for me after I fell and severed all four quads back in Dec of 2004.

I asked her to drive down to Stewarts to get me a PINT of dEath by Chocoloate ice cream, a qt of milk, a large sub and some double stuffed oreos. fter 2 weeks Freda had tothorw out alofof stuff from the fridge.

Now time to make my way back to bed, I had no more than 40 hrs of sleep in the past two weeks, so am more tired thN i'VWE EVER BEEN,

Carolyn, who didn't realize the seriousness of the situation until told by the docs thaT some folks die in the same situation
Old June 14, 2013   #187
attml
Tomatovillian™

Welcome back Carolyn! Glad to hear you are home!
attml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14, 2013   #188
RebelRidin
Tomatovillian™

Default Welcome home

Glad you are back home Carolyn. Hopefully without so many people fussing about you'll be able to get some rest.

George

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it’s natural manure."
Thomas Jefferson, 1787
RebelRidin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14, 2013   #189
efisakov
Tomatovillian™

Happy you are home! Hopefully without pain. Glad you have good friends near...
rest, rest, and more rest
and smile

God comes along and says, "I think I'm going to create THE tomato!”
efisakov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14, 2013   #190
Redbaron
Tomatovillian™

Sounds like you are well past the critical part Carolyn. Glad you are feeling better, but lay off the double stuffed oreos will ya? Those things WILL kill ya!

AKA The Redbaron

"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system."
Bill Mollison
co-founder of permaculture
Redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14, 2013   #191
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

WELCOME BACK HOME

Marsha
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14, 2013   #192
kath
Tomatovillian™

So glad to hear you're back home, Carolyn- sleep, relax and take good care of yourself! You were very missed around here.

kath
kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14, 2013   #193
neoguy
Tomatovillian™

Glad to hear you're home and not terrorizing hospital personnel.
neoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14, 2013   #194
SharonRossy
Tomatovillian™

Take all your time, we are all here waiting for you. It's amazing you can even have the strength to share with us what happened. Behave yourself! We love you Carolyn! Yeah! You're back!
Sharon
SharonRossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14, 2013   #195
matereater
Tomatovillian™

Glad to hear your health is improving and you're back home !!

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult
matereater is offline   Reply With Quote