Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 6, 2022   #1
hl2601
Tomatovillian™

Default UKRAINE TRIBUTE GROW OUT details and deadline

Hi folks!

I hope people have enjoyed growing out and spreading the word about some wonderful Ukrainian tomato varieties! I know many have been saving seeds for this swap and I am excited about getting new seeds into your hands.

DETAILS:
- Make sure your seeds are dry!

-Make multiple packets of at least 5 seeds. Label packets with variety name, date, brief description (i.e. 5-7 oz Orange, mid season) Easiest way to do this is create a Word document duplicating each packet's details. Print, cut and slip into each pack.

-Make a SASE to include in your package to me so I can send different seeds back to you. Put 2 stamps on a standard legal sized envelope.

- PM me with your name and the varieties you are sending. I will PM you back with the shipping address.

-DEADLINE- OCTOBER 15. Seeds must be received in Denver by this date.

My goal is to be able to send each participant at least 5 different Ukrainian varieties.

So how many packets should you make? Hard to answer, but make as many packets as you are able.

In communicating with Ukrainian tomato breeders,Tania(who is in direct communication), and some seed companies over there, it appears many of their homes and greenhouses have been destroyed. The good news is they have kept their seeds safe and are continuing to try to grow despite their horrific circumstances. Bravo to them all!

Please know every seed sent in will find homes. If there are extra seeds I will post so they can be distributed.

Any questions?

Thanks to everyone in advance!
Heide
hl2601 is offline   Reply With Quote