Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Old October 21, 2018   #2581
DonDuck
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerardo View Post
What a great entrance, well done.

Methinks Tito would wag his tail at any Tomatovillian, he's a bundle of joy or fangs/claws, like most of us.

This is what the sidewalks on the main thoroughfares in CDMX looked like a few days ago, getting ready for Nov 2nd.
Attachment 84649

And check out this zip gun I stumbled into while perusing the local scumbag gallery.

Like I said, the looks of a gun makes no difference. It's the bullet that should put fear into you.

(out of curiosity, what was the firing pin on the zip gun? A roofing nail with the plastic tab on it with a rubber band pushing it would do the trick.)
DonDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21, 2018   #2582
DonDuck
Tomatovillian™

We had a full blood ridge back for a couple of years. Sweetest dog we ever had. He just wandered up to the house one day looking hungry. We set a metal bowl of food out for him. He wasn't sure about us, so he picked the bowl up in his mouth and got a secure distance from us before setting the bowl down and eating. It took a few days, but he finally started eating on our deck. He loved to be loved. I don't think he ever spent a full night with us. He would wander off at sunset and reappear in a two or three days looking tired, dirty; and hungry. We tried to keep him, but he was determined to go on walkabout. He liked to sleep in the house, but wanted outside at sunset. He was a good friend for a couple of years and then he disappeared for good. We still talk about him and miss him. we would like to have another ridgeback friend, but I'm not sure a ridgeback can be "owned" by anyone. They just seem to want a place to rest and eat on their walkabout.

Last edited by DonDuck; October 21, 2018 at 03:32 PM.
DonDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 21, 2018   #2583
clkeiper
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDuck View Post
We had a full blood ridge back for a couple of years. Sweetest dog we ever had. He just wandered up to the house one day looking hungry. We set a metal bowl of food out for him. He wasn't sure about us, so he picked the bowl up in his mouth and got a secure distance from us before setting the bowl down and eating. It took a few days, but he finally started eating on our deck. He loved to be loved. I don't think he ever spent a full night with us. He would wander off at sunset and reappear in a two or three days looking tired, dirty; and hungry. We tried to keep him, but he was determined to go on walkabout. He liked to sleep in the house, but wanted outside at sunset. He was a good friend for a couple of years and then he disappeared for good. We still talk about him and miss him. we would like to have another ridgeback friend, but I'm not sure a ridgeback can be "owned" by anyone. They just seem to want a place to rest and eat on their walkabout.
we had a few dogs like that growing up. I totally forgot about them until I read your story. They came in slat ribbed and open sores on their paws. stayed long enough to heal up and get some fat on them again and then they left... never to be seen again. On their way to home... wherever that happened to be. we were just a pitstop.
Old October 21, 2018   #2584
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Smokey in lap while I'm watching over barbecue.
Worth
IMG_20181021_51779.jpg
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27, 2018   #2585
JRinPA
Tomatovillian™

Default 30 lb of summer sausage from last week

A country boy can survive....

with a bow and cure#1 hehehe
Attached Images
File Type: jpg summersausage.jpg (331.8 KB, 82 views)
JRinPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28, 2018   #2586
NicolasGarcia
Tomatovillian™

Default Alhambra of Granada

The Alhambra is an Andalusian palatine city located in Granada, in the autonomous community of Andalusia, Spain. It consists of a set of palaces, gardens and fortress (alcazar or al-qasr القصر) that housed a real citadel within the city of Granada, which served as accommodation to the monarch and the court of the Nasrid Kingdom of Granada. Its true attraction, as in other Muslim works of the time, not only lies in the interiors, whose decoration is among the peaks of Andalusian art, but also in its location and adaptation, generating a new landscape but fully integrated with the pre-existing nature. The Alhambra, an Andalusian palatine city, was declared a World Heritage Site, together with the Generalife, by the UNESCO committee, on November 2, 1984. Five years later, the Albaicín was added to this denomination, which constitutes one of the the old neighborhoods of Granada. Recently, the Alhambra has been proposed to be named one of the 7 Wonders of the World,
Attached Images
File Type: jpg alhambra-efe-kyjB--620x349@abc.jpg (51.0 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg banner-index2.jpg (68.2 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg foto-de-la-alhambra1.jpg (264.6 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg images.jpg (10.8 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg xde_Palacios_Nazaries_en_Granada.PNG.pagespeed.ic.FTwJ4sEexI.jpg (460.1 KB, 78 views)

Nico.
NicolasGarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28, 2018   #2587
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Your pictures bring back great memories to me since I was there quite a few years ago,that should be decades ago, absolutely exquisite.

Thanks for the memories Nico.

Carolyn
Old October 28, 2018   #2588
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

30 lb of summer sausage from last week

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRinPA View Post
A country boy can survive....
with a bow and cure#1 hehehe
Looks really good.
Old October 28, 2018   #2589
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicolasGarcia View Post
The Alhambra is an Andalusian palatine city located in Granada, in the autonomous community of Andalusia, Spain. It consists of a set of palaces, gardens and fortress (alcazar or al-qasr القصر) that housed a real citadel within the city of Granada, which served as accommodation to the monarch and the court of the Nasrid Kingdom of Granada. Its true attraction, as in other Muslim works of the time, not only lies in the interiors, whose decoration is among the peaks of Andalusian art, but also in its location and adaptation, generating a new landscape but fully integrated with the pre-existing nature. The Alhambra, an Andalusian palatine city, was declared a World Heritage Site, together with the Generalife, by the UNESCO committee, on November 2, 1984. Five years later, the Albaicín was added to this denomination, which constitutes one of the the old neighborhoods of Granada. Recently, the Alhambra has been proposed to be named one of the 7 Wonders of the World,

I think you can get this in Kit form from Home Depot here in America instructions included.
Old October 28, 2018   #2590
NicolasGarcia
Tomatovillian™

Thanks to you always Carolyne

Nico.
Old October 28, 2018   #2591
NicolasGarcia
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
I think you can get this in Kit form from Home Depot here in America instructions included.
I do not understand the translation

Nico.
Old October 28, 2018   #2592
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
I do not understand the translation
It means you can buy the place in parts and put it together from a store with instructions.
Meant as a joke.
Old October 28, 2018   #2593
NicolasGarcia
Tomatovillian™

Maybe someday visit U.S.A, it would be a dream, but since you can not talk about politics in tomatoville, I do not say what I think ... maybe someday, when they are better politically moments in U.S.A

Nico.
Old October 28, 2018   #2594
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Maybe someday visit U.S.A, it would be a dream, but since you can not talk about politics in tomatoville, I do not say what I think ... maybe someday, when they are better politically moments in U.S.A

It isn't that bad here as you may think, dont let the news guide your way.
99% of us are kind and loving people.
The rest, Estúpido.
Old October 28, 2018   #2595
SpookyShoe
Tomatovillian™

Default Honeymoon in Spain

Nico, my husband and I honeymooned in Spain. My favorite cities were Granada, Cordoba, and Sevilla. So beautiful! The architecture of the Alhambra was exquisite. And Avila...so perfectly preserved. Also, Toledo...I felt I could be El Greco walking down the narrow streets.

Donna, Texas Gulf Coast
SpookyShoe is offline   Reply With Quote