Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Old June 1, 2018   #1
FourOaks
Tomatovillian™

Default Is this Early Blight? Thead Deleted. Thanks!!!

I just want to say thank you.

What could have turned into a productive conversation and discussion, along with great photos of the progression, was deleted. All because it was Hi-Jacked by a Moderator. The comments could have been deleted, but instead, the entire thread was.

If those are the types of Politics in play here, then just as well, feel free to delete my account.
FourOaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1, 2018   #2
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourOaks View Post
I just want to say thank you.

What could have turned into a productive conversation and discussion, along with great photos of the progression, was deleted. All because it was Hi-Jacked by a Moderator. The comments could have been deleted, but instead, the entire thread was.

If those are the types of Politics in play here, then just as well, feel free to delete my account.
I just looked in the Forum for Garden Diseases and Pests , but don't see a thread that was deleted it would indicate in the thread to everyone if a post or whatever was deleted..

Would you please post in your current thread where I can find what you are referring to?

Thanks,

Carolyn
Old June 1, 2018   #3
Rajun Gardener
Tomatovillian™

This was it.

http://www.tomatoville.com/showthrea...214#post702214
Old June 1, 2018   #4
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

I clicked on that link and it said I didn't have permission to look at it.
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1, 2018   #5
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
I clicked on that link and it said I didn't have permission to look at it.
Same here Worth. No permission to read it and when a post or thread is deleted and as a Global Mod I can read what it was.

And I'm still waiting for Four Oaks to give me the link I was asking for,but nothing yet.

Carolyn
Old June 1, 2018   #6
Rajun Gardener
Tomatovillian™

That's the link, I got that from my history because I was following it some to see what the final thoughts were. I get the same thing when I clicked on it but that was the topic.
Old June 1, 2018   #7
GrowingCoastal
Tomatovillian™

A mystery

Last edited by GrowingCoastal; June 1, 2018 at 11:42 AM. Reason: confusion
GrowingCoastal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1, 2018   #8
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajun Gardener View Post
That's the link, I got that from my history because I was following it some to see what the final thoughts were. I get the same thing when I clicked on it but that was the topic.
I remember the topic and I do know I have every year early blight.
I dont have to go to an expert some place in a lab to know this.
Normally I can just cut away the effect part and the plants outgrow it.
Plants that dont I wont grow again.
If it isn't early blight I dont care because I believe what I want to believe and it makes me happy.
Old June 1, 2018   #9
mobiledynamics
Tomatovillian™

Was that the thread with the Mary-Ju-Wanna tidbits. Maybe it was not a human mod but a auto-mod that moderated it ?

Anyhow, any of the MODS should have the ability on the backend to shed some light, if they choose.
mobiledynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1, 2018   #10
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

No auto mod moderated anything on Mary Jay Wanny.
It has been discussed here many times on and off.

Worth
Old June 1, 2018   #11
seaeagle
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
I remember the topic and I do know I have every year early blight.
I dont have to go to an expert some place in a lab to know this.
Normally I can just cut away the effect part and the plants outgrow it.
Plants that dont I wont grow again.
If it isn't early blight I dont care because I believe what I want to believe and it makes me happy.

Thank You. Yes the plants will outgrow it. They have for thousands of years without chemical intervention.

I put out tomato plants when the soil temp was 65 degrees and then we had a week long cloudy rainy spell and the plants caught something. Early blight or Septoria, doesn't matter. They outgrew it and are thriving now.

As usual I have to add that this may not work everywhere.
seaeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1, 2018   #12
FourOaks
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
I just looked in the Forum for Garden Diseases and Pests , but don't see a thread that was deleted it would indicate in the thread to everyone if a post or whatever was deleted..

Would you please post in your current thread where I can find what you are referring to?

Thanks,

Carolyn
http://www.tomatoville.com/showthrea...376#post702376

Carolyn, this is the same topic from yesterday that you chimed in on. Which lead to you unloading on Marsha.

Do you not recall?
FourOaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1, 2018   #13
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourOaks View Post
http://www.tomatoville.com/showthrea...376#post702376

Carolyn, this is the same topic from yesterday that you chimed in on. Which lead to you unloading on Marsha.

Do you not recall?
Again when I click on your link it says I have no permissions.

Yes, I got back to Marsha very strongly and posted why I did so. Did you read that and understand that if someone has something very negative to say about another person,you don't do it publicly,you PM the person privately.

And you may not have seen this but she got back to me in that same thread and apologized and said she had deleted her post. And of course that update from her was also sent to me at home as is true for anyone who posts in any given thread.

I did not delete the thread.Period. There is no auto-delete other than certain words some might use,which are not acceptable and the software does that automatically and is programmed to recognize those words ,thankfully.Period.

But I'm pretty sure I know how it did get deleted, and for that I am very thankful.

I'm also noting that when anyone registers here they have to accept what's called TOS( terms of service),which is part of the registration process. Most registering actually read it as part of the registration process,some others don't and pay the consequences when they do not adhere to TOS..

If anyone wants to see what they agreed to, there is a backup to TOS re registration if you go to the very bottom of the page and click on TOS which anyone can do, registered or not.

Carolyn
Old June 1, 2018   #14
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaeagle View Post
Thank You. Yes the plants will outgrow it. They have for thousands of years without chemical intervention.

I put out tomato plants when the soil temp was 65 degrees and then we had a week long cloudy rainy spell and the plants caught something. Early blight or Septoria, doesn't matter. They outgrew it and are thriving now.

As usual I have to add that this may not work everywhere.
It is out of my love for all things critter from spiders and lizards to even snakes.
My driveway is a miniature Jurassic park and I have to slow down in my truck to let the lizards get out of the way.
They have a cave they live in under it.
They even come out to drink when I water.
Been there for years.
Worth
Old June 1, 2018   #15
Sherry_AK
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
I'm also noting that when anyone registers here they have to accept what's called TOS( terms of service),which is part of the registration process. Most registering actually read it as part of the registration process,some others don't and pay the consequences when they do not adhere to TOS..
Long ago I believe the TOS included language that TOS could be changed with notice to members. That wording was deleted (without notice to members as far as I know) some time ago. I do pop in a read TOS from time to time and notice changes. So, without actually reading TOS each time a person signs in to T'ville, one would not necessarily know the rules. That is one of the reasons I seldom post here any more. Also, disappearing threads disturb me. Just my opinion.

Sherry
Sherry_AK is offline   Reply With Quote