Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

MAGTAG™ event information and discussion forum. Mid-Atlantic Growers Tomato Appreciation Group

Old August 2, 2008   #1
Cecilia_MD7a
MAGTAG™ Coordinator

Default Just two weeks til MAGTAG 2008!

Hello, everybody - sorry I haven't been on the boards much lately, but after a very taxing few weeks at work, I managed get sick for a couple of days. I'm OK now, and getting very excited, as it looks like I should have lots of 'maters in two weeks!

Today, I went through all the leftover supplies from last year's festival, and this is what we have:

@20 white foam plates for tomato tasting - definitely need more
Plenty of Napkins - don't need more
@25 paper/plastic dinner-size plates - need more
@30 smaller (9-in) plates - need more?
@48 7-in (dessert) plates - should be OK
@90 small (7oz) plastic cups - good for kids or wine - don'tneed more
@40 16-oz cups (foam and plastic) - will need more
@30 white foam 12-oz bowls - don't know whether these came from MAGTAG or some other party - do we need them?
@60 name tags - should be OK

I found a bag of plastic utensils, but we will definitely need more of these.

We also need heavy-duty foil, 10 large paper or plastic tablecloths, pens and Sharpies.

As before, I will provide a food scale for weighing the largest tomato, the "tip box" and directional signs/posters.
As far as food items (besides tomatoes for the testing, of course), I will once again run the "BLT Bar." Can you think of anything more that I could provide for the BLT station this year (i.e., tofu "facon" for vegans, different condiments)? My DH Dave has agreed to serve as grillmeister, but we have 4 grills, so other "meisters" are welcome (Greg F? Greg M?)

(p.s. this is cross-posted at THAT OTHER GARDENING SITE, too.)
Old August 4, 2008   #2
gflynn
MAGTAG™

Cecilia and all,

I am going to send out an email to all folks who have expressed an interest and get an initial head count they I will start a new thread and post it here.

Also, it sounds like you have most of what we need. I can get some burgers and dogs and chicken if necessary. As you said before, I bought way too much last year considering that many folks brought dishes and other food. I could bring some corn this time. Its cheap and goes will with tomatoes.

Greg
Old August 5, 2008   #3
bluekat
Tomatovillian™

I will be there! I will bring dinner size plates and Heavy Duty aluminium foil, oh, and TOMATOES - I hope. Cooler with ice and maybe a watermelon.

The times are 10-5?

-Kim
Old August 5, 2008   #4
gflynn
MAGTAG™

BlueKat,

Cecelia just sent me an email and it looks like the start time is 10AM and the offical ending is 5PM but as you know we are normally all outta there by 3:30PM.

Glad to have you there again. Do you have any exceptionally large ones this year? You did win that one two years back

Oh, and my kids have been working on awards over the past few days. Annbert said she would do one for biggest and also who came the furthest.

Greg
Old August 6, 2008   #5
Cecilia_MD7a
MAGTAG™ Coordinator

Re: Supplies (Cross-post with GW)

DH was cleaning out the basement yesterday and found a large box of 9-inch paper plates, so I guess we won't need any more of those!

He also found a bag with some extension cords, heavy-duty foil, and other stuff (I'll have to look through it) in his search. Dave says he can supply a CD boombox and may make a mixed-music CD if he has the time. If not, he'll just set the radio on Jack and that should satisfy most of us at least some of the time.