Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old January 18, 2008   #1
amideutch
Tomatovillian™

Default Tania now selling seeds at "Tatiana's TOMATObase"

Check out her website at, http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=7076

In the navigation box click on "2008 seeds for sale" and it will take you to her list, 300+ varieties and information on how to order.
Tania gave me the following reason for selling seeds. "It took me a while to finally do it, as I was not sure I could or should...Then I thought it would be good to give non-SSE members access to some seeds that are not commercially available at an affordable price.
The revenues generated from the sales will help her support her website and seed packaging. Seed cost $2.00 per pack and purchases of 6 packs+ free shipping. She will be out of country for the next two weeks so if you order don't expect a response until her return. Ami

Last edited by amideutch; January 27, 2008 at 11:05 AM.
amideutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18, 2008   #2
celestina
Tomatovillian™

It's a wonderful resource--and I too ordered some seeds last week-good luck on this!
celestina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18, 2008   #3
pooklette
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by amideutch View Post
Tania gave me the following reason for selling seeds. "It took me a while to finally do it, as I was not sure I could or should...Then I thought it would be good to give non-SSE members access to some seeds that are not commercially available at an affordable price.
I'm positive that I've purchased many a seed from small companies that originally obtained their samples from SSE. If it were not for them, I don't know that I would've been able to find some of the wonderful varieties that sparked my interest in heirloom gardening and seed preservation. So, good luck to you Tania. I love that you're helping to make these less-circulated varieties available to anyone.
pooklette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27, 2008   #4
Tania
Tomatovillian™

I just noticed this thread - THANK YOU folks for your support and encouragement.

I am not sure that my tomato passion would have started and completely gone out of hand without you!

Tatiana's TOMATObase
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27, 2008   #5
Suze
Tomatovillian™

All the best with this, Tania. I know quite well you are very passionate about your tomatoes, and based on my experience with you regarding SSE requests and trades, I will gladly recommend you as a seed source to anyone interested in the varieties you are offering. Btw, you've been added to the seed sources sticky, and wishing you well in your endeavors.

I would also suggest you set yourself up as a vendor in Garden Watchdog if you have not done so already. That gives you yet another avenue to be easily searchable for gardeners interested in tomato seeds. PM me for details if you can't figure it out.

And, I will definitely make time at some point to edit/add to Tomatobase information, but have not had the chance to do so yet.
Suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27, 2008   #6
cdntomato
Tomatovillian™

Tania, I promised to get back to you about the Canada Seed Act. Ooops. Seeing this thread again reminded me. For now, just make sure your packets have the following:

1) Product of Canada
2) Grown and packaged for (date)
3) everything in French as well as English (use Babelfish, if need be)

You deserve to do well with this. I'll certainly spread the word.

Jennifer
Old January 28, 2008   #7
Tania
Tomatovillian™

Thank you Jennifer. I will do my best.

Tatiana's TOMATObase
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28, 2008   #8
Gobig_or_Gohome_toms
Tomatovillian™

Very nice site, Thanks!
Gobig_or_Gohome_toms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28, 2008   #9
celestina
Tomatovillian™

Received my seeds from Tania today--very fast mailing and nice packing--and even some seed gifts Can't wait to try them. Now if the cold and snow would go away--still almost another month before I start them.
celestina is offline   Reply With Quote