Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating herbs.

Old February 28, 2012   #76
pattiann
Tomatovillian™

I'll try that, thanks!!
pattiann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28, 2012   #77
puttgirl
Tomatovillian™

Pattiann, PM me in a couple of months after I see what comes up...I could send you a few cuttings.
puttgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21, 2013   #78
Vickipr
Tomatovillian™

Always keep your mints ( all ) in pots and keep on cement to prevent root runners from sneaking out and taking over. Every year it is a very good idea to cut back in winter and then in spring take out of pot and cut up making new pots. Also watch out for runners sneaking into new territory. Round up is good if they get out of control on open land but you have to do a few treatments.

They are all worth growing! Vicki
Vickipr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22, 2013   #79
Gavriil
Tomatovillian™

My wife planted some mint about 15 years ago it took 3 years of digging, hoeing, tilling
and all kinds of nasty things but it went away. What happens 2 years ago she decides she wants some more, this time she puts it in a small pot fortunately it died last fall from 2 years of 100 degree weather for almost 3 months each. She dumped it out of the pot last fall and left it in the yard roots to the sky, not to worry I have some napalm ready at hand if it looks like it will come back to life.
Gavriil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29, 2013   #80
Redbaron
Tomatovillian™

Mint is the awesome plant. It is your friend. No reason to try and exterminate it. If you mulch properly, no weed or rogue herb can scare you.

AKA The Redbaron

"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system."
Bill Mollison
co-founder of permaculture
Redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote