Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Old March 15, 2007   #1
CLa
Tomatovillian™

Default Need some Insight

Found this on my indoor plant, is this some form of blight?

And also the leaves on my purple Russian are looking really thin squiggly almost. Thinly Curled:

Thanks for any advice and information.
CLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16, 2007   #2
feldon30
Tomatovillian™

On your indoor plant? Those tan patches on the first leaf are disconcerting since that looks like hardening off failure to me. No idea on the purple-black blotches.

I think Purple Russian has the same wispy foliage as other oxhearts, but those leaves do have a curl to them which is not expected unless they were not hardened off carefully, or have had extremes in watering.

I am just taking guesses here. I usually do not post in this forum.
feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16, 2007   #3
Suze
Tomatovillian™

With the Purple Russian, yes, I've seen some rather wispy leaves on it before -- usually new foliage. But that just seems wispy beyond the norm. Does the whole plant look like that, or just that one branch?

As for the first plant, is it still indoors, or have you recently taken it outside?

Will wait to hear back from you before I speculate further.
Suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16, 2007   #4
CLa
Tomatovillian™

Hi, sorry I should have gave some more info.

The tan marks: Those are nothing to worry about. Most of the plant looks perfectly green.

The black spots: I noticed this from the window outside looking in through the window at first. After inspecting the plant inside (oh and yeah this plant is still inside) I noticed that those black spots are only on the leaves that are hugging the glass right now. So I think the moisture between the glass and the leaves helped to spur the growth of whatever it is. I've seen this stuff around here before. Was on my eva's purple ball last year, especially when it rained quite a bit and was wet and humid for a few days. However, It cleared up in dry whether, and did not affect my tomatoes. Not sure if this is the exact same thing, but thats what I suspect.

The Purple Russian has some good leaves and now that I look closer, it does seem that the ends of those stems have leaves that are starting to get fuller. the stems below have full leaves that look fine, so I'm hoping that the sun did not get to them and instead they are just new leaves in the making. Thanks for reply on this
CLa is offline   Reply With Quote