Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Old May 16, 2007   #16
amideutch
Tomatovillian™

BBC, the reason I ask is because Physan 20/Actinovate should take care of about any pathogen in the soil. So we definately need to find out what ails your plant, soilborne or airborne. Ami
Old May 16, 2007   #17
bigbubbacain
Tomatovillian™

Amiedeutch, Thanks for your concern. It's something new every year, or so it seems. I'm thankful I only have one plant with health issues. I know alot has to do with our unexpected weather changes. I'll simply need to build another bed so I can do proper rotation of my growing areas. Suze, I did the "slime test". Nothing oozed out of my infected stems, and the Black Plums are finally starting to change color. One thing is for sure: this is the year I've begun to realize how antiquated my tomato cages have become. I have a suspicion that if I stake and trellis my plants next year (or possibly even Florida Weave), I might wind up with healthier plants throughout the season.
bigbubbacain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2007   #18
rsg2001
Tomatovillian™

It did not look like fusarium, in which branches randomly start yellowing and then turn crisp. It did look a bit like one plant last year that I had, an Evergreen, that one day was lush and beautiful, and then wilted all in one swoop, very quickly, in the midst of a garden that was thriving and otherwise healthy. My research at the time pointed to bacterial wilt, though I didn't do the 'ooze' test.
rsg2001 is offline   Reply With Quote