Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old December 24, 2013   #211
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

I'm holding off on filling a few orders that include some of my older seeds until I get full results from the germination tests I started. So far they all over the place.

Most look like they will still be over 75% but there are a few that seem to be very low and will be pulled til we can grow fresh seed.

Carol
Wi-sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24, 2013   #212
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

I just uploaded some up-dated pages on my web site.

So far there are only about 15 new-to-me varieties this year so I just added them to the 2012 page and the page with the whole list. I also was able to move a few varieties from the LG (low germinating) page to a regular page as we now have fresh good seed for them.

Carol
Old January 2, 2014   #213
bluebonnets
Tomatovillian™

Carol,
I went to your website this morning and I am so sorry to learn of your loss! You've mentioned your mom many times and have figured y'all were especially close. Wanted to tell you I'm sorry and I'll be thinking of you in this difficult time.
bluebonnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23, 2014   #214
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

I just wanted to up-date people on the situation of orders.

I was way behind on orders all summer. Around Oct I finally realized that I was having more than just labor issues. I have had off and on issues most of my life with mild depression. But it was a bit stronger and longer this time and I didn't really realize it. Or maybe I just didn't want to acknowledge it. But all those drugs promoted on TV scare me to death. So I've just done what I can with herbals and talking and music. It all helps in it's own way.

Anyway, I was almost caught up on things in Dec when my Mom died. Big set-back. Mostly just all the time needed for the funeral stuff and now cleaning out of Mom's apartment. Fortunately my Sister did the most on that. She is a wonderful organizer.

This last week I have been getting caught up on orders. I got all the older (Dec) orders out on Tue. I have just about all the Jan orders from southern areas ready to go out later today. (1 left to do) Also all the orders I can do quickly like only a couple of items.

The problem is, I got a whole lot more orders this month than I thought I did. Because of being pre-occupied, I hadn't paid much attention to the orders.

I'm doing what I can the next few days, but Ray booked a vacation without really asking me what I wanted. We will be gone for a week. I'll be back 2/6. I also have a ton of things that still need to be done at Mom's and some other stuff that HAS to be done before we go.

While I probably need the get-away, it's not at a good time right now.

I'm doing the best I can to get orders taken care of, but this year seems to keep throwing obstacles in my way. Hopefully after we get home I will be able to concentrate on business better.

Thanks for understanding,
Carol
Old January 23, 2014   #215
Tania
Tomatovillian™

Carol,

You need to take a really good care of yourself! I know that warm/hot baths helps a lot to manage depression, if you take time to do that regularly. It is amazing how you feel after just a few ones. Adding some herbs also helps a lot. Ginger bath is a great thing.

I do not suffer from depression, but even I feel a great improvement in how energetic I start to feel after the baths.

The only issue with them is that takes time. You'd need to soak for at least 1 hour 2-3 times/week. The way I manage it is I put a laptop close by and watch movies or browse internet while I am there. It helps to catch up with other things while your body is relaxing.

I hope things will turn out better for you soon!!! You are in my thoughts.

Tatiana

Tatiana's TOMATObase
Tania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23, 2014   #216
bluebonnets
Tomatovillian™

Enjoy your get away! It'll be good for you!
bluebonnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23, 2014   #217
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

Well, I will be sort of taking baths next week. Our trip is to Cancun. I will be spending plenty of time wave hopping in that beautiful warm aqua water. For me that's FUN and one of the few ways I can really "let go".

Carol
Old January 23, 2014   #218
Doug9345
Tomatovillian™

Enjoy your vacation.
Doug9345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 23, 2014   #219
ddsack
Tomatovillian™

Carol, enjoy the warm sun, white coral sand, and pale blue water. I think your hubby knows just exactly what you need right now! I love would to snorkel in that clear water with great visibility!

ddsack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24, 2014   #220
Sodak
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wi-sunflower View Post
Well, I will be sort of taking baths next week. Our trip is to Cancun. I will be spending plenty of time wave hopping in that beautiful warm aqua water. For me that's FUN and one of the few ways I can really "let go".

Carol
Jealous; enjoy it all!
Old January 24, 2014   #221
JLJ_
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wi-sunflower View Post
. . . I have had off and on issues most of my life with mild depression. But it was a bit stronger and longer this time and I didn't really realize it. Or maybe I just didn't want to acknowledge it. But all those drugs promoted on TV scare me to death. So I've just done what I can with herbals and talking and music. It all helps in it's own way. . . .
Don't forget the endless benefits of chocolate!

Hope you have a wonderful trip.

JLJ
JLJ_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24, 2014   #222
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

Don't forget the endless benefits of chocolate!

Trust me, I don't, and I have the excess pounds to prove it.

Carol
Old February 22, 2014   #223
MikeInCypress
Tomatovillian™

Thank you for your prompt service. You acknowledged my order and warned me that it would take longer than normal. Well, I got it in about 10 days from when I sent it in and you sent some gift seeds as well. Excellent prices, superior service and a wonderful selection. May your year be a good one for all your endeavors!!!

MikeInCypress
Old February 22, 2014   #224
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

Thanks Mike.

I lost most of the month of January and part of February due to things we had to do after Mom died. There are still a few estate issues, but my brother is taking care of most of that.

I'm finally up-to-date on orders. So from here on I hope to be able to fill orders within a couple days to no more than a week.

Lots of seeds still available.

Carol
Old February 24, 2014   #225
feldon30
Tomatovillian™

I hope you were able to unwind and recharge your batteries on the Cancun trip. I'm big on cruising and have been looking at options as I'd also like to get away.

Have you got a system that automatically prints out shipping/packing labels for you? Have you got USPS or UPS software installed to calculate weights and postage? I think the part of an online business I would dread is the addressing and shipping, so any automation there is a good thing.

[I][SIZE="1"]*I'm not allowed to post weblinks so you'll have to copy-paste it manually.[/SIZE][/I]
feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote