Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old January 22, 2007   #1
bizzarbazzar
Tomatovillian™

Default Italian Cooks Seed Company

The Adam's family (my neighbors) ordered from this place recently and I was wondering if anyone has ever ordered from them? If so what their experience was. I don't trust or believe the neighbors....but the prices are fabulous...$1.99 and most packets are over 300 seeds, some say 600.
bizzarbazzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22, 2007   #2
Suze
Tomatovillian™

I just thought I'd mention that they are affiliated with Gourmet Seed International/Harvest Moon.

http://davesgarden.com/gwd/c/2282/
Suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22, 2007   #3
bizzarbazzar
Tomatovillian™

Thank you for the info Suze, I didn't know of the affiliation. I am glad you let me know. Puts things in a different prospective.
I was thinking mostly for the Youth Center Community Garden. The high seed quantity would allow all 150 families several plants of each variety if we order. I already have about 10 varieties for them (ones I saved from last year mostly that I will not be growing again, but are perfect for people used to perfect round blemish free tomatoes), but it seems I keep wanting to add to their variety as well as my own.

Old January 22, 2007   #4
daylilydude
Tomatovillian™

I don't want to change the direction of the subject but bizzarbazzar when i saw your smiley the first person that came to mind was Carolyn eatin chocolates ! (LOL)
Old January 22, 2007   #5
bizzarbazzar
Tomatovillian™

Hehehe, Richard I didn't even think of that.
Old February 5, 2007   #6
reg
Tomatovillian™

I've never ordered from Italian cooks, but I've had great results with all the Italian seeds I've gotten from Seeds From Italy; www.growitalian.com.
The packs are very generous and they have great customer service.
reg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5, 2007   #7
johnsonjrbm
Tomatovillian™

This winter I've ordered from both Gourmet Seed and another of their companies, Italian Seed & Tool. I've gotten good service and a lot of seeds, mostly Bavicchi. This is the first year that I grow any of their seeds, so I'll give a seed quality report later in the season.

Bobby
johnsonjrbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6, 2007   #8
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylilydude
I don't want to change the direction of the subject but bizzarbazzar when i saw your smiley the first person that came to mind was Carolyn eatin chocolates ! (LOL)
Just saw this comment Richard, and there's only one way for sure that you'll know it's me e ating dark bittersweet chocolate. Yes?

And recently I got the Gourmet Seed Co and Italain Tool catalogs sent me me as well. Read through. Still wondering. I think I prefer Grow Italian that Bill runs, but then I'm not ordering seeds like I used to so I'll rely on the reports back from others re the Gourmet and Italian Tool offerings.