Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating peppers.

Old June 28, 2006   #1
travis
Tomatovillian™

Default "Pedro"

The pod tips on this pepper plant are extended rather than shaped more like a button "glans" typical of the variety. Every pod on this plant so far ... about a dozen ... is very crinkled and has the extended tip.

Oh well ... I wonder if all the seeds I sent out have this particular characteristic. The pods I took the seeds from all had the correct shape last summer.

PV
travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3, 2006   #2
travis
Tomatovillian™

Okay, here's an updated picture of some deformed (possibly crossed) Peter Peppers. The one in the middle is the same pepper as the one shown green in the post just above this post.

I believe there's another thread here where Tom expressed an interest in this pepper seed. These are the pepper pods I'll be saving seed from. I guess I'll just mix it all together since it'll all be from the same plant.

The plant is very healthy, growing in a 3.5 gallon pot (estimated) in about 2.75 gallons of potting mix which seems like very little considering how large and wide this plant has become. It's covered, or was covered, with pods up until today ... now it only has green pods left.

These are about 1/3 of the peppers I clipped off today. The others went to Las Mommies out at Smokey Bones. They got a kick outta me calling these peppers "Pene del Hombre Viejo."

PV
travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4, 2006   #3
spyfferoni
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Vic
"Pene del Hombre Viejo."
That is too funny!!!

The peppers sure ripened up nicely. What do they taste like?

Tyffanie
spyfferoni is offline   Reply With Quote