Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old April 16, 2018   #16
kurt
Tomatovillian™

Ditto that,personnel selections,notes provenance from the field.Still growing his Croatian Brandywines.
Old November 2, 2018   #17
SEAMSFASTER
Tomatovillian™

Thanks for the positive feedback and encouragement - that is exactly what fuels my fire!

2018 has been an insane, grueling, exhausting yet productive year. I managed to save seeds from 561 varieties this year, including 255 varieties new to Delectation of Tomatoes.

Included among these are 78 varieties of dwarf and mini-dwarf varieties - which, after several years of effort, brings me to having nearly all varieties from the Dwarf Tomato Project in my inventory.

Also included among those saved are tomato seeds from 173 varieties which I received directly from growers in Russian and Ukraine. Many of these are remarkable for the excellent flavor, yield, asthetic appeal, healthy vines and/or high yield.

Over the next several weeks, I will be working on pictures, descriptions and updating my website.

For more details, please visit my latest Blog post:

https://delectationoftomatoes.wordpr...ble-from-2018/

I appreciate your continuing support for the preservation, propagation and promotion of heirloom varieties from around the world.

SEAMSFASTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2, 2018   #18
ReginaAnn
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAMSFASTER View Post
Thanks for the positive feedback and encouragement - that is exactly what fuels my fire!

2018 has been an insane, grueling, exhausting yet productive year. I managed to save seeds from 561 varieties this year, including 255 varieties new to Delectation of Tomatoes.

Included among these are 78 varieties of dwarf and mini-dwarf varieties - which, after several years of effort, brings me to having nearly all varieties from the Dwarf Tomato Project in my inventory.

Also included among those saved are tomato seeds from 173 varieties which I received directly from growers in Russian and Ukraine. Many of these are remarkable for the excellent flavor, yield, asthetic appeal, healthy vines and/or high yield.

Over the next several weeks, I will be working on pictures, descriptions and updating my website.

I appreciate your continuing support for the preservation, propagation and promotion of heirloom varieties from around the world.

We really need a LIKE button!
ReginaAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2, 2018   #19
Goodloe
Tomatovillian™

LIKE^^!!

~Jon~ Downheah, Mississippi
Goodloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2, 2018   #20
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAMSFASTER View Post

Welcome back Dale, not that I "have" your back, you don't need that.

I never got back to you about where you grow stuff near American Fork, and of course was also wondering if you have any help, family or hire, assuming you don't hire any family members.

I'll Em you when I can,but right now

I'm trying to find a new person to do Rite Aide runs for meds
and I'm in the middle of getting rid of my trusty,but not rusty, 4th Camry. Aha,that rhymes.

The dark chocolate I ordered from the King Arthur's Baker's catalog, that's good, but the stuff I ordered from Harringtons in VT didn't arrive yet.

And we can discuss how many new tomato varieties I KNOW you don't have and will want.I can't give you an exclusive,but heck they are sooo...terrific maybe I should be paying you to grow them out and list them.

Carolyn
Old November 3, 2018   #21
SEAMSFASTER
Tomatovillian™

Thanks Carolyn - I am always on the lookout for standout varieties! And best of luck keeping on top of your health challenges. Those hit even the best of us, at some point or another, hopefully later rather than sooner.

I own no property and grow in the backyard gardens of relatives and other gardening acquaintances, primarly on four plots this year. The deal is I provide all the seeds, seedlings and labor in exchange for first pick of ripe fruits for seed saving. They provide land and water and get to keep the rest of the produce.

On occasion I get help in the form of a "family gardening day" with potting up seedlings or transplanting, but over the course of a year, 99% of the work is done by me alone - me and my trusty headphones listening to college courses, debates, podcasts, etc. I simply cannot tolerate manual labor by myself with no conversation, unless I can keep my mind occupied as well as my hands.

Since my annual after-expense income is on par with an average Kenyan (even with 100+ hour weeks, 52 weeks per year...), I am very far from being able to hire any help. People who know about my little adventure into the world of entrepreneurship think I am insane - it is a indeed a challenging business model. But I feel strongly about what I am trying to accomplish and trust that other gardeners who are like-minded will continue to support my efforts and encourage their gardening friends to be adventurous as well. Maybe try something besides Celebrity, Early Girl, Better Boy, etc.? LOL

Probably too much information...

Anyhow, I'll keep my eye out for a PM here or an email at dale@gianttomatoseeds.com

Thanks again for your example, leadership and encouragement!
SEAMSFASTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 7, 2018   #22
Gardenboy
Tomatovillian™

Thank you Dale for the seed swap. I received the Gary 'O Sena seeds and have planted a few this morning. Thanks again for the information and seed swap. Let me know if u are looking for anything new.

Douglas
Gardenboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11, 2022   #23
PaulF
Tomatovillian™

Add my appreciation for Dale's hard work. This has become one of my "go to" sites for seeds, both tomato and other vegetables.
Old January 11, 2022   #24
Dark Rumor
Tomatovillian™

Three years ago I ordered from Dale and the rebel yell I received was not germinating, I sent him an FYI that the seeds did not germinate, I was only doing an FYI and like most everybody else on here missing one variety was not a big deal. He sent me two replacement packs of rebel yell with different dates and was very sincere in his providing customer service beyond what is expected.

As it turns out the original rebel yell did finally germinate and the replacement seeds germinated as well. I appreciate the high level of customer service and I have reordered from him this year.
Dark Rumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11, 2022   #25
biscuitridge
Tomatovillian™

Yes I agree, Dale is one of the best for customer service,honesty, and generosity!
biscuitridge is offline   Reply With Quote