Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Closed Thread

Old April 22, 2015   #76
Mischka
Tomatoville® Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rfdillon View Post
I'll be honest with you; I hate to see this thread title when I run across it. The world is full of idiots and haters; this guy is not worth having a thread here. Perhaps his name and website should be included in a list of those businesses which should be avoided. That would be preferable to giving him so much attention, which I'm sure he craves.
I'll be changing the thread title shortly, to accurately indicate why people shouldn't patronize Good Mind Seeds. Hundreds of search engine spiders crawl all over Tomatoville® every single day and index what they find. He'll get plenty of attention all right, but not the kind he wants.

One last word of farewell, Dear Master and Mistress.

Whenever you visit my grave,

say to yourselves with regret

but also with happiness in your hearts

at the remembrance of my long happy life with you:

"Here lies one who loved us and whom we loved."

No matter how deep my sleep I shall hear you,

and not all the power of death

can keep my spirit

from wagging a grateful tail.
Old April 23, 2015   #77
Waiting
Tomatovillian™

heirloomtomaguy, I referenced Phil Seneca's claim that travis was a racist because he named a tomato "Buffalo Soldier" as an example of him, Phil Seneca, seeing racism in even a small, innocent act; I do not deny Phil Seneca's racism, it's there for anyone to see.

In the document you posted he exhibits it by, without knowing the facts, attributing an incident to white people. The incident, the death of a sacred white buffalo, was determined later, by the sheriff's office, to have been from natural causes.

I hope someday that he comes to understand that few white people harbor racist feelings toward Native Americans; that we appreciate their culture and laud their attempts to preserve it. He would have found many friends here. Instead, his behavior made that unlikely.

Last edited by Waiting; April 23, 2015 at 09:53 AM.
Old April 23, 2015   #78
bughunter99
Tomatovillian™

Default I wish this was not a sitcky

I wish this thread would go away, it brings the nature of the whole forum down. Stickies are places of honor--this is just yuck that I would prefer to forget about.
Old April 23, 2015   #79
Dutch
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by bughunter99 View Post
I wish this thread would go away, it brings the nature of the whole forum down. Stickies are places of honor--this is just yuck that I would prefer to forget about.
I respectfully disagree! And stickies, I believe are for items that are informational.
Dutch

The intuitive mind is a gift, and the rational mind is a faithful servant. But we have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. (paraphrased) Albert Einstein

I come from a long line of sod busters, spanning back several centuries.
Old April 23, 2015   #80
heirloomtomaguy
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting View Post
heirloomtomaguy, I referenced Phil Seneca's claim that travis was a racist because he named a tomato "Buffalo Soldier" as an example of him, Phil Seneca, seeing racism in even a small, innocent act; I do not deny Phil Seneca's racism, it's there for anyone to see.

In the document you posted he exhibits it by, without knowing the facts, attributing an incident to white people. The incident, the death of a sacred white buffalo, was determined later, by the sheriff's office, to have been from natural causes.

I hope someday that he comes to understand that few white people harbor racist feelings toward Native Americans; that we appreciate their culture and laud their attempts to preserve it. He would have found many friends here. Instead, his behavior made that unlikely.
Gotcha. Totally agree.
“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."
Old April 23, 2015   #81
Rfdillon
Tomatovillian™

I agree totally with bughunter99. Surely we have better things to discuss than this sorry individual!
Old April 23, 2015   #82
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waiting View Post
This is true to some extent.
It really depends on where you live and your surroundings.
If a person is in a surrounding that shows the bad side of a group of people due to poverty and ignorance ever how small this bad side may be they will only see the bad side.
They regretfully take this phenomenon and turn it into racism failing to see their own shortcomings.
Poverty ignorance and a constant pounding of hatred and stupidity by your peers and family is what breeds this hatred.

I am so grateful I wasn't raised up by this sort of thing even though I was raised up around it.

My family had a farm to take care of and little time to dwell on the subject of hate towards others.
My parents saw me kissing a young girl that was a member of the Choctaw Nation I was friends with in the 7th grade.
They had the biggest smile on their faces.
Not one time was I ever lectured or talked to about marrying into or being with my own race.

My evil sister grew up as and is a racist, I dont have any idea where she got it from other than her husband was and he perpetuated it.

So yes I grew up in an area that was and still is the majority racist but I refused to let it influence me.
I take nothing at face value be it good or bad.

Worth
Old April 23, 2015   #83
Geezer
Tomatovillian™

I for one am glad the posts are here. He supplied all of the reasons necessary not to do business with him. It's nice to have a heads up to avoid future headaches.
In essence, arguing with some people is like wrestling with a hog. Both of you get dirty, but the hog is use to it.
Old April 29, 2015   #84
crazybean
Tomatovillian™

I am TV and I am not American. I have ordered some seeds. They never arrived. I have sent several emails. I have never received a reply.

When issuing PayPal complaint, I got seller reply. The reference of "other nation" hurt. Between lines one could notice bad connotation. It felt racist.

Thanks got local forum member sent me some seeds as it was already to late to order from States.
Old April 29, 2015   #85
Rfdillon
Tomatovillian™

Deleted

Last edited by Rfdillon; April 29, 2015 at 01:19 PM.
Old April 29, 2015   #86
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Folks:
Why is this guy allowed to continue to post, with his racist rants? Don't we see enough racial polarization by the current administration and the main stream media? Why can't we focus on growing things, rather than giving these hateful people a platform to spew their hatred?
He is not posting here at Tville since he has been banned.

For confirmation of that see post #3 in the following thread:

http://tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=35162

Carolyn
Old April 29, 2015   #87
Fred Hempel
Tomatovillian™

I respectfully submit that while your post complains about someone making racial polarizing comments you are, yourself, injecting politics into the situation.

Quote:
Folks:
Why is this guy allowed to continue to post, with his racist rants? Don't we see enough racial polarization by the current administration and the main stream media? Why can't we focus on growing things, rather than giving these hateful people a platform to spew their hatred?
Old April 29, 2015   #88
Sun City Linda
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hempel View Post
I respectfully submit that while your post complains about someone making racial polarizing comments you are, yourself, injecting politics into the situation.
Agreed. It is just real easy for a thread to go bad and any slam of any political party is all it takes to get it going.......downhill. I respectfully suggest the poster edit out those comments.
Old April 29, 2015   #89
Geezer
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hempel View Post
I didn't post on this because I couldn't decide how I wanted to word it. The above says it all, and I agree.
Old April 29, 2015   #90
dustdevil
Tomatovillian™

When someone foolish hangs thyself, you bury them out of sight or their stink will linger...
Closed Thread

Tags
"good mind seeds" , goodmindseeds