Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old December 28, 2013   #1
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Default Morgan County Seeds

Morgan County Seeds was such a pleasure to do business with, so I thought I would post about it. I needed some fruiting stage soluble fertilizer to supplement my earthbox grown tomatoes, and found theirs for so much less than anyone else had it for, and flat rate shipped a 25# container of it for $11. The other 3 sources wanted at least $54 for the 25# fert, and the least shipping was $18., so MCS did far better. I emailed the company with my questions, and they answered within 1 hour. I also requested they ship ASAP since I am in the middle of my growing season right now. They shipped out on the 24th, and my package arrived on the 27th.
I also looked at their seeds, very excellent value there too, for some nice varieties.
Great customer service, great prices, what more could you ask for?
No, I don't own stock!
https://www.morgancountyseeds.com

Marsha
ginger2778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28, 2013   #2
Cole_Robbie
Tomatovillian™

They are my favorite company to deal with. I order from them a lot. I really like their "tomato fertilizer pack" for using in a fertilizer injector.
Cole_Robbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28, 2013   #3
meadowyck
Tomatovillian™

Marsha

The enabler.......LOL

“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.”
-Theodore Roosevelt
meadowyck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28, 2013   #4
meadowyck
Tomatovillian™

What fertilizer did you go with?

“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.”
-Theodore Roosevelt
meadowyck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29, 2013   #5
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

I bought the soluble 4-18-38 which is good for when they are in the setting fruit phase, goes right down the tube of my earthboxes.
Marsha
Old December 29, 2013   #6
Cole_Robbie
Tomatovillian™

I bought the same stuff. They say it is meant to be alternated with Calcium Nitrate when used in drip irrigation.
Cole_Robbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29, 2013   #7
tnpeppers
Tomatovillian™

Earth boxes, eh? Are you using the 4-18-38 in addition to the fertilizer strip? If so, how much are you adding to the EB via the feeding/watering tube? I got quite the burst of tomatoes from my EB plants using the Texas Tomato Food 'solution' down the tube once a week this past summer, but always looking for different formulas to 'tinker' with.
tnpeppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29, 2013   #8
ginger2778
Tomatovillian™

Yes, in addition to the strip. Just got it, but I plan to use it similarly to the calcinit that I also add. It says 1/2 tsp per gallon, so I just add 1 tsp of calcinit per week down the tube, since there is already dolomite lime in the aggregate. I am going to try 1 tsp of this 4-18-38 per week at the same time, since it says to use them together.
I am using the TTFood now too, but at 3 tbsp per earthbox every week, and I have 37 active earthboxes right now,and 3 more starting second week January, the TTF is getting quite expensive. I must say, the results are excellent though, with the TTF.

Marsha
Old December 29, 2013   #9
tnpeppers
Tomatovillian™

I just make up a 2-gallon batch based on the 1 tablespoon TTF per gallon of water formula on the back of the jug, fill a standard 24-ounce water bottle, and pour it down the tube on the EB...each 2-gallon batch is good for 10 EB's. Even though my applications of TTF are considerably weaker than yours; I still saw clear results.
tnpeppers is offline   Reply With Quote