Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old January 5, 2021   #1
Geezer
Tomatovillian™

Default 2021 Seeds in Stock?

Greetings All!

Just wondering who has 2021 seeds in stock and is selling now.
Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5, 2021   #2
Fred Hempel
Tomatovillian™

We do. www.growartisan.com

Thanks for asking.
Old January 5, 2021   #3
littleukgarden
Tomatovillian™

Vertiloom do ☺️����
littleukgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5, 2021   #4
FarmerShawn
Tomatovillian™

Don't know what seeds you're looking for, but yesterday I successfully ordered from Seeds n Such, and today from Tomato Growers Supply. Both Fedco and Johnny's Selected Seeds say they'll be stocked and ready mid-January. I understand they have seed stock, but covid-related labor issues are affecting their ability to fill packets and fulfill orders.
Old January 6, 2021   #5
Patihum
Tomatovillian™

Bunny Hop Seeds has lots of new things listed.
Patihum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11, 2021   #6
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

I have plenty of some varieties and some of plenty of varieties. knapps-fresh-vegies dot com

Carol
Wi-sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11, 2021   #7
atilgan
Tomatovillian™

It is
http://knapps-fresh-vegies.netfirms.com/
atilgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11, 2021   #8
PaulF
Tomatovillian™

We did a survey before my wife and I began placing orders about a month ago and discovered every source we have ever used have seeds in stock and plenty to go around.

The big rush on garden seeds from last year has abated as many of those "fad" gardeners have decided it was too much work to grow their own. Seed sellers ramped up in anticipation of the Covid stay at home and garden crowd would again this year overwhelm the industry. Apparently most of the first timers have gone on to another "fad".

The new seeds we ordered and received from Carol are waiting for Feb/Mar and Spring.

Last edited by PaulF; January 12, 2021 at 12:22 PM.
PaulF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12, 2021   #9
Geezer
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wi-sunflower View Post
I have plenty of some varieties and some of plenty of varieties. knapps-fresh-vegies dot com

Carol
Tried to order a couple years ago when things "went south" for you. More than happy to give it another shot!
Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16, 2021   #10
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

Yes, I had a bad time about 4 or 5 years ago. Now I do my best to get seeds out in a week or less during my winter - Dec - April. But if ordered during the summer, I'm often too busy with the farm work to get orders out in less than 2-4 weeks. Just depends on a lot of things including if we have any helpers for the farm.

Carol
Old January 20, 2021   #11
Wi-sunflower
Tomatovillian™

I've been working on my web site some and finally figured out how to get rid of the .netfirms part of my web address. I've owned the domain name for about 10 years but never figured out that part til now. so you should be able to get there directly now. knapps-fresh-vegies.com

Carol
Old February 28, 2021   #12
Urbanheirlooms
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulF View Post
We did a survey before my wife and I began placing orders about a month ago and discovered every source we have ever used have seeds in stock and plenty to go around.

The big rush on garden seeds from last year has abated as many of those "fad" gardeners have decided it was too much work to grow their own. Seed sellers ramped up in anticipation of the Covid stay at home and garden crowd would again this year overwhelm the industry. Apparently most of the first timers have gone on to another "fad".

The new seeds we ordered and received from Carol are waiting for Feb/Mar and Spring.
Last year was interesting to say the least, it was very difficult to find plants & seeds. Although I agree that many people probably got into the garden thing since they had so much time on their hands, I would bet this year will still be busy at garden centers & seed ordering on line. I checked Heritage seeds website and it said they were behind in shipping due to increased sales. Time will tell.
Urbanheirlooms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28, 2021   #13
PaulF
Tomatovillian™

Several seed catalogs and seed sites are running low and behind on orders. I guess more gardening going on this year as well. Glad we ordered early.
Old March 4, 2021   #14
Fusion_power
Tomatovillian™

While I have plenty of seed of everything I plan to grow this year, I still need to purchase canning supplies. Walmart is sold out. We tried several other sellers that normally sell in bulk, but so far none have been able to get any lids. I still have over 100 lids left from last year so not in dire need, but will need to get some before June. I'm not a hoarder so tend to purchase what I need year to year. This year, I need about 200 more lids.

I'm posting this is to highlight to others that there may be a shortage of lids this year.
Fusion_power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4, 2021   #15
Labradors2
Tomatovillian™

Fusion, try Amazon for lids.

A couple of years ago, I noticed that they charge a lot for lids in the stores to make us buy more jar sets. That is SO wasteful because I don't NEED any more jars. I searched all the stores around here for lids at a respectable price with no joy, but finally found them at Amazon.

Linda
Labradors2 is offline   Reply With Quote