Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old June 30, 2015   #1
BvBDortmund09
Tomatovillian™

Even though my peppers are in containers and have cover from the rain, I can attest to this crappy weather. I transplanted them early June and in a month they've barely grown because of cool temps and lack of sunlight. It's very frustrating. I'm hoping July-August are bright and sweltering hot.
BvBDortmund09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30, 2015   #2
Yak54
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by BvBDortmund09 View Post
Even though my peppers are in containers and have cover from the rain, I can attest to this crappy weather. I transplanted them early June and in a month they've barely grown because of cool temps and lack of sunlight. It's very frustrating. I'm hoping July-August are bright and sweltering hot.
I'm on the same page as you !

Dan
Yak54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1, 2015   #3
Emeoba69
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by BvBDortmund09 View Post

See I don't know if it is just the rain and cooler temps, there was a semi cold snapa few weeks after I transplanted them around May 9th, or if not tilling the hard packed clay soil is limiting root growth. I would possibly dig out 8 of my 12 and till (4 of them seem to be doing fine) but the constant rain makes tilling impossible. I have to sew in amendments at the end of this year for sure.
Emeoba69 is offline   Reply With Quote