Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old May 10, 2016   #61
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaeagle View Post
Good News

Daniel Burson is available on EBAY, 99 cents and free shipping and you can help a blind cat in the process. I may scoop some up tomorrow for next year.Will look for something else to order, almost would feel guilty ordering just one pack at those prices and free shipping.100% seller rating, also saw this seller mentioned in the seeds forum of Tomatoville with a good recommendation.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/99-CENTS-HEI...LoGtZ72GqQF4gQ
I know exactly who the seller is and he's a TV member and I had no idea he was offering seeds on e-bay.

I know several folks who would be interested in this e-bay offer as a stand alone,maybe not so much for seeds .

Carolyn
Old May 10, 2016   #62
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Good News

Daniel Burson is available on EBAY, 99 cents and free shipping and you can help a blind cat in the process. I may scoop some up tomorrow for next year.Will look for something else to order, almost would feel guilty ordering just one pack at those prices and free shipping.100% seller rating, also saw this seller mentioned in the seeds forum of Tomatoville with a good recommendation.

I know who the seed seller is as well, but am confused about your comment

(also saw this seller mentioned in the seeds forum of Tomatoville with a good recommendation.)

Which seeds forum? I assume you mean a seed offer in the TRADE seed subforum.

Since no seeds can be sold at Tville there can be no recommendations good or bad as I see it. Someone could be pleased with the seeds offered, how quickly seeds were sent and packed,etc, but that is not the same as someone suggesting to others to participate in the person's future seed offers, viz. giving him a recommendation.

Carolyn
Old May 10, 2016   #63
travis
Tomatovillian™

Doesn't take much to ruin a good thread, and spoil the best intents, does it?

Sorry, S.
travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2016   #64
AZGardener
Tomatovillian™

Default My DB Plant

I just wanted to update that my plant is doing very well and I saw the first fruit starting to ripen yesterday. My fruits are on the small side and have a slight ruffling on the top. Maybe if the fruit got bigger, it would have settled into ridges. Potato leafed and it was the first of my 35 ish plants to set fruit. I probably have about 10 fruits on there and all about the same size, some a tad smaller then I would expect. I'm wondering though, this plant is the most western plant in the garden so it gets the afternoon sun more then the rest. That might explain the smaller then normal fruit.

Side note- Its supp to be 104 on Thursday... And yes I would like some cheese with that wine
Old May 10, 2016   #65
ContainerTed
Tomatovillian™

With my paranoia in full bloom, I want people to know it ain't me. The Ebay site says grown in New Hampshire and I think the shipping site was Erwin, TN. Erwin isn't far from here. It ain't me!!!!

I grow all my seed and my sales is thru Heritage Seed Market. Miss$ sent me a large quantity of seed for Daniel Burson to sell. But, after talking with Bill Jeffers, decided to honor his request to not sell the seed until I grow it out and make sure it is the one Bill wants to represent his work in producing this tomato.

My promise to Bill Jeffers has not changed and my word to him has not been compromised.

Carolyn, for the sake of some other folks who could be mistaken for the owner of the Ebay account, who is this Tville member????

Or, better still, would it be possible that this person identify themselves????

Ted, who doesn't want anyone to think he would do something like this.
ContainerTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2016   #66
MissS
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
Seaeagle, Carolyn offered Daniel Burson seed in her 2012 seed offer. As she said, people loved it. Here is a link to the feedback thread. Daniel Burson is referred to as IS x Daniels. http://www.tomatoville.com/showthrea...t=40590&page=4

$$$$$$$$

It turns out that the link that was given above takes you back to this thread, so I fetched the Fall feedback one for 2012.

http://www.tomatoville.com/showthrea...eedback+report

Carolyn
Thank you Carolyn.

I would like to also note that the only person that I sent a large amount of seed to that would be enough to sell rather than a personal grow out is ContainerTed. I have no idea who this eBay person is and have had absolutely no relationship with them.
Old May 10, 2016   #67
Gerardo
Tomatovillian™

I like the fact that El Diablo bets on the Venn diagram overlap of tomato-cat lovers.

My Daniel Burson is doing great, similar to AZGardener's, with pronounced initial fruit set. I've already dropped more seed for more plants.
Gerardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2016   #68
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Good News

Ted, I fully admit that when I saw TN I thought it was you,since seaeagle had also said that the person was a Tville member and had a Good recommendation at Tville.

To answer your question to me directly,I have no idea who this person from TN is who is also a Tville member.

Carolyn,who has also been wanting to check your listings as well as Ellie's at Heritage,but can 't do it,so will have to either call or PM Steve to see what that's all about.Initially I could since Ellie had put up a variety that was not right,I told her about it and sent her some links about it and she did delete it ASAP. Nothing has changed with respect to my browser so I don 't know why I can't access Steve's site.
Old May 10, 2016   #69
ContainerTed
Tomatovillian™

I guess that I'm not happy about the fact that anyone would even consider that I might do something like this. If Patti had counted the seeds she sent me, she could count them again right now and see there is not even one missing. If nothing else, I am a man of my word.

You know, in this world where the "higher-ups" can seemingly take everything away from us, including our very lives, there is only one thing they can't take. Our integrity. We have to make a decision and take the action to give that away.
I know in my heart that MY integrity is still unchanged.

For those who would doubt, here's the list of what I sell at Heritage Seed Market.

Acme
Belmonte (seed from the Belmonster)
Boronia Dwarf (out of stock)
Bulgarian Old Sort
Dwarf Arctic Rose
Dwarf Beryl Beauty
Chocolate Champion
Dwarf Crimson Sockeye
Dwarf Summer Sunrise
Dwarf Sweet Sue
Faworyt
Golden Jubilee
Iditarod Red
Kenai Mondo Green
Large Red
Maiden's Fire
Maiden's Gold
Matt's Wild Cherry
Mikhalych
Old Ferry Morse Beefsteak
Sakharnyi Pudovichok
Sara's Galapagos
Tennessee Suited
Tennessee Surprise
Tommy Toe Red
Tommy Toe Yellow
Ukrainka

Ted, who is re-evaluating his conduct to see where he went wrong with his image - or did he????
Old May 10, 2016   #70
MissS
Tomatovillian™

The eBay seller has "Sold Out" of DB. While the seller is in TN they state that their seed was grown in New Hampshire, if that gives any clue as to who the grower is.

I was trying to do a good deed and pay forward kindness extended to me years ago, by offering seeds of Daniel Burson here at Tomatoville. It is a very good tomato, at least in my opinion and deserves more exposure. I am so glad that so many of you are grateful for the seed offer and I am anxious to hear how the plants do for you.

I doubt that I will ever make another seed offer here on this forum. Something that ought to be fun is turning quite sour for me. I have not made it public, but I have heart failure. I am 57 years old and a virus attacked my heart. My heart function is at 25%. I just had a pacemaker put in to see if it would or could help. The stress that this offer is creating for me and others is totally unnecessary.

Seaeagle, this thread is for those people that are growing Daniel Burson seeds in the year 2016 to report their findings. You are not growing it. Therefore, I see no reason for you to be posting any comments here. Daniel Burson is being put through its paces and observed here this year. You are more than welcome to follow the thread and learn from it just as the rest of us are.
Old May 10, 2016   #71
ContainerTed
Tomatovillian™

Perhaps Seaeagle, who knows all about this, will enlighten us as to who the seller is.
Old May 10, 2016   #72
ContainerTed
Tomatovillian™

Carolyn, if you will check my profile, you'll see that I live in La Follette, TN, Zipcode 37766. Anyone who has ever received anything from me has seen that Post Office stamp on all my correspondence sent directly from me. The seeds that I sell come from Ellie down in Milton, FL, zipcode 325XX. Erwin Tennessee would be too far to drive just to hide in a P.O. Box.

Dr. C, you are usually more thoroughly prepared than this. You could have simply asked me.
Old May 10, 2016   #73
ContainerTed
Tomatovillian™

Patti, you didn't do anything wrong.
Old May 10, 2016   #74
seaeagle
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
Ted, I fully admit that when I saw TN I thought it was you,since seaeagle had also said that the person was a Tville member and had a Good recommendation at Tville.

To answer your question to me directly,I have no idea who this person from TN is who is also a Tville member.

Carolyn,who has also been wanting to check your listings as well as Ellie's at Heritage,but can 't do it,so will have to either call or PM Steve to see what that's all about.Initially I could since Ellie had put up a variety that was not right,I told her about it and sent her some links about it and she did delete it ASAP. Nothing has changed with respect to my browser so I don 't know why I can't access Steve's site.
Actually I never said this seller was a Tomatovile member.I said he received a recommendation in the Seed and Plant Sources forum from a member.Was doing it from memory so I could be wrong, but I have pretty good memory.

So is this seller going to be on trial now for doing absolutely nothing wrong.Why is everyone paranoid.This tomato has been around since 2012 or before and traded around on multiple garden forums.Very possible this seller obtained this tomato years ago and grew it out and offered it for sale.Where is the crime?

And why is this thread ruined?Seems fine to me.If anyone thinks it is the wrong tomato let the seller know.There is a picture
seaeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2016   #75
cloz
Tomatovillian™

I made a purchase through PayPal from Ebay. PayPal identifies the recipient of the money as [edited for privacy - M.]

Cloz
cloz is offline   Reply With Quote