Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old January 11, 2018   #286
pmcgrady
Tomatovillian™

The Post Office has no problem forwarding bills to my new address, hopefully seeds will be the same.
Thanks for everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormato View Post
Going out today...

AL Be E
BELG DeN A (I really, really, really hope this gets there)
CA RE T (I could not find your wish list. Let me know if one is needed after the package arrives)
IL Mc P (I just read your PM 5 minutes after mailing. I don't remember which address I sent it to)
MO Ho T

There's light at the end of tunnel, as most remaining packages are mostly filled.
pmcgrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13, 2018   #287
Fritz77
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsieglaff View Post
Gary, they arrived safe and sound today! I opened the envelope and nearly fell out of my chair. My wife said did you get the wrong envelop? My 7 year old said we need to make the garden bigger. What the hell did I get myself into? But in all seriousness, thank you for running this swap. The amount of time you put in must be tremendous! Really awesome swap! I'm needing a new binder. Thanks again.

Justin
My seeds arrived the day before yesterday. Less than a week to cross the Atlantic ocean and safely land in my mailbox here in the old continent . I agree with Justin: you really did a great job Gary. Thank you for all that you've done. This was like a second Christmas for me
Fritz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16, 2018   #288
TessSR
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcgrady View Post
The Post Office has no problem forwarding bills to my new address, hopefully seeds will be the same.
Thanks for everything!
Hi - I messaged you my wishlist. Thank you. (oops sorry. wrong message)

Last edited by TessSR; January 16, 2018 at 04:45 PM.
TessSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16, 2018   #289
TessSR
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormato View Post
Going out today...

AL Be E
BELG DeN A (I really, really, really hope this gets there)
CA RE T (I could not find your wish list. Let me know if one is needed after the package arrives)
IL Mc P (I just read your PM 5 minutes after mailing. I don't remember which address I sent it to)
MO Ho T

There's light at the end of tunnel, as most remaining packages are mostly filled.
Gary, I messaged you my wishlist a while ago. I'll check back with you when I received the package. Thank you.
Old January 16, 2018   #290
Spike2
Tomatovillian™

I just want to point out that this is worse than being 4 years old and waiting for Santa!!
Spike2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17, 2018   #291
pmcgrady
Tomatovillian™

My seeds made it here today (yes I had my old address on the sase)...
Gary, you just ruined my life... the mailman doesn't like delivering bubble mailers that heavy...
Mary... my better half, says if I send or recieve one more pack of seeds... I need to find a new place to live... then your package of 50 million seeds shows up...
I am now sitting inside my German Shepard's dog house (lucky to have a signal on my cellphone)...
Freezing to death (it's 10 degrees out and there isn't a door on this doghouse) with a rechargeable flashlight (with no place,now to recharge it) going thru your seeds...
I spent the last couple days planning/picking on 100 tomato and 200 pepper plants to grow this season and wrote it all down,then threw it all away... time to start over...
So I thought I'd drop you a line... telling you, Thanks for everything!!!
pmcgrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17, 2018   #292
Ann123
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike2 View Post
I just want to point out that this is worse than being 4 years old and waiting for Santa!!
Exactly!!
Ann123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17, 2018   #293
TessSR
Tomatovillian™

Gary I received my seeds today... OMG! I feel like a 4 year old opening Christmas present In January. I never seen so many dwarfs. Doing my happy dance ����☠️����. Messaging you about your notes. Thank you for all the time and work you spent on doing this swap.
Old January 17, 2018   #294
beasl004
Tomatovillian™

Just got my seeds in and WOW! Now I've got to figure out how to talk my wife into letting me take over more of the yard.
beasl004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17, 2018   #295
jtjmartin
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasl004 View Post
Just got my seeds in and WOW! Now I've got to figure out how to talk my wife into letting me take over more of the yard.
Laughed when I read this! To me, there is nothing more beautiful than my raised beds in the back yard. Whether they are full & green, or snow covered and promising good things to come.

I finally found the perfect thing to get rid of the rest of the grass in the backyard - a golden puppy retriever! He made short work of tearing up the grass - running, digging & just general dogging! Once the thaw and mud came, my wife agreed to let me cover it with leaves and get rid of the grass . . . more garden beds!!!
jtjmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18, 2018   #296
Father'sDaughter
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtjmartin View Post

I finally found the perfect thing to get rid of the rest of the grass in the backyard - a golden puppy retriever! He made short work of tearing up the grass - running, digging & just general dogging!

Only problem is that now you need to work on training that puppy to not do the same thing to your tomato plants...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Father'sDaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19, 2018   #297
Ann123
Tomatovillian™

Today my neighbor passed by with an envelope that had been waiting in his place for 2 days. The mmmm thus got here in just half a week. That was fast.
What a load of seeds! I opened it together with my 7 year old son and he kept on saying "so much, so much, so much... This is really exaggerated!"
Wow. Thanks so much, Gary. A lot of fun going through them. I will be googling all those varieties. Makes me long for the harvest season even more.
Thank you!!
Old January 19, 2018   #298
charline
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann123 View Post
Today my neighbor passed by with an envelope that had been waiting in his place for 2 days. The mmmm thus got here in just half a week. That was fast.
What a load of seeds! I opened it together with my 7 year old son and he kept on saying "so much, so much, so much... This is really exaggerated!"
Wow. Thanks so much, Gary. A lot of fun going through them. I will be googling all those varieties. Makes me long for the harvest season even more.
Thank you!!
Ann, did you get Pink Princess?
charline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 19, 2018   #299
MdTNGrdner

Charline, I am not Ann but I did request Pink Princess from your glowing reviews and got it. Im really looking forward to growing it too, and want to thank you for not eating ALL of the seeds!!
Old January 19, 2018   #300
Ann123
Tomatovillian™

Yes! I got it! I was going to send you a message but was at work. Thank you! It went straight on my pile of tomatoes to grow in 2018. My pile got huge today. I'll provide my parents again with plants because they have more room. That way I can grow more varieties (and eat more).