Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Old August 5, 2006   #1
Woodenzoo
Tomatovillian™

Default Campbell's 1327

Here is one that I've really been waiting on... (pictured with a Green Zebra for contrast)

(Hmm, this picture appears in preview huge! But it's the smallest of the three! Something up with Photobucket?)
Getting ready....

And for the 'everyone most post at least once' picture.... (Bacon is cooking!)

Taste? lol Don't ask me! So far it seems that every tomato that others describe as 'Tangy, full tomato flavor' etc. have been bland and ones described as bland have had some sort of 'punch' to me!
Cathy
Woodenzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5, 2006   #2
peppereater
Tomatovillian™

Wow that looks GREAT!
Old August 6, 2006   #3
Suze
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by kctomato
I dont know Cathy maybe it needs a little more mayonnaise! :wink:
Looks just about perfect to me -- Cathy obviously understands how to make a proper tomato sammy.

So what if she has 5 or 6# of BLT weight to lose later? Not that I would know anything about that...

(seriously, it's the bread that does it to me more than anything else)
Suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7, 2006   #4
travis
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze
Quote:
Looks just about perfect to me -- Cathy obviously understands how to make a proper tomato sammy.

So what if she has 5 or 6# of BLT weight to lose later? Not that I would know anything about that...

(seriously, it's the bread that does it to me more than anything else)
Mayo today ... blood lipids tonight ...
atherosclerotic plaque tomorrow ...

[atherosclerotic plaque in
a left anterior descending coronary artery]

PV
travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7, 2006   #5
feldon30
Tomatovillian™

You can't scare me!

[I][SIZE="1"]*I'm not allowed to post weblinks so you'll have to copy-paste it manually.[/SIZE][/I]
feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8, 2006   #6
billbird2111
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
You know, as someone with a close, personal experience with a real Angioplasty procedure, I was thinking of JUST THE SAME THING!

Talk about your small artery CLOGGERS! That one sandwich would result in a close and too personal visit with a Cardiologist for me!
Old August 8, 2006   #7
Woodenzoo
Tomatovillian™

ROTFL
I can't believe no one commented on the nice looking tomato! This is a tomato forum, isn't it? Not a mayo forum?
To gross many of you out and to help ease others fears, that is NOT mayonaise. And it's 'light'... and there isn't THAT much on there... But if it were mayo, I'd have just as much of that on there too (I enjoy both, but usually buy the MW since it's cheaper). I don't have a problem with my weight and can eat pretty much anything I want. In fact, I get tired of people trying to 'fatten' me up! But since I am getting up there in age, I suppose that perhaps I should see if my doctor is concerned about my heart or arteries, but until then, I'll continue to enjoy my BLT's the way I like 'em! :wink:
Cathy
Old August 9, 2006   #8
westocast73
Tomatovillian™

The tomato is beautiful. :wink:

It is a misconception though that fat people have clogged arteries and thin people don't so yea you should ask a doctor at some point. It is much more likely that someone who is fat eats less healthy food and is more likely to have worse arteries but it is not always the case. My friends dad was a marathon runner who ate fast food way to often. He died at 48 from a massive stroke only two month's after completing a marathon. His arteries were just clogged.

That being said Mayo is good!
westocast73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9, 2006   #9
kimpossible
Tomatovillian™

The tomato looks great! The mayo looks great! Just the way I like-em, too! (Now lets not get started on agioplasties - of which my father has had 3, plus a quadruple bypass, and my mother had a triple bypass, but their number one enemy was cigarettes!(Not Mayo!) No obesity, no excessive trans-fats, or unhealthy diet. Then the 2nd enemy would be lack of regular exercise... )
Old August 10, 2006   #10
Earl
Tomatovillian™

When something takes me out, let it be a tomato sandwich that looks like that!!!
Earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11, 2006   #11
landarc
Tomatovillian™

I am with Earl here, for the most part. There should've been at least a little bacon.

Is that fairly typical of the tomatoes you are getting off of this plant? Size and looks wise, it looks pretty good.

Bob
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11, 2006   #12
Woodenzoo
Tomatovillian™

landarc,
That was the first of only two tomatoes that I've gotten from the plant so far. The second one was only slightly smaller. Both looked great! No ber, catfacing or cracking.
That said, I haven't been getting much production from any of my plants (27 varieties, five of which are cherry, grape or currants). My Box Car Willie has only two large maturing fruit also and it's supposed to be a big producer. It hasn't been a good year (so far) for me for various reasons.
They say the 1327 produces loads of large 7 ounce fruits. But perhaps someone here with more first hand experience can give you a much better answer!
Cathy