Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Old February 20, 2006   #1
hedwarr
Tomatovillian™

Default Leaf mold?

Last year, towards the end of the season, I experienced a white, powdery substance on my superbeefs. Is this powdery mildew or leaf mold? Conditions were relatively dry. all were container grown, good spacing etc. Thanks. ED
hedwarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20, 2006   #2
Suze
Tomatovillian™

Last year, towards the end of the season, I experienced a white, powdery substance on my superbeefs. Is this powdery mildew or leaf mold? Conditions were relatively dry. all were container grown, good spacing etc. Thanks. ED

This tends to sound more like PM, but what did the undersides of the leaves look like? With leaf mold, there are generally visible patches of mold on the undersides of leaves.

There are pictures of both leaf mold and powdery mildew here that you might find helpful:

http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/t...ver/index.html

Just go to the leaf section and click individual pictures to enlarge and read more information. The pictures can be clicked on a second time to enlarge further.
Suze is offline   Reply With Quote