Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 23, 2017   #1
Kpr121
Tomatovillian™

Default Homestead tomatoes - septoria prone?

I'm having a problem with every one of my homestead tomatoes... I'm about 95% sure its septoria, and its a pretty bad case where it seems there are 2-3 more limbs succumbing to it each day. I've been clipping and destroying the bad foliage and applied serenade and copper spray but I'm thinking of just pulling them all.

We have had a relentless rainy June so far, so maybe these normally heat loving plants just cant take all the moisture. It probably doesn't help that I am growing intensively (plants spaced at ~18 inches but leaf-pruned heavily).

The other plants (brandywine, big beef, early girl, early pick, roma, Cherokee black, yellow pear, giant paste) in the garden are doing well, no real signs of any diseases yet. I have sprayed them all as well.

Is homestead particularly prone to disease in wetter conditions? Should I be worried about the disease spreading to others.
Kpr121 is offline   Reply With Quote