Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old July 30, 2015   #46
BigVanVader
Tomatovillian™

I just hope you reach your goal. I really want those seeds
BigVanVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30, 2015   #47
Fred Hempel
Tomatovillian™

We might. My optimistic self is picturing a few husbands asking permission from their wives to join at the full-on Collaborating Member level. But they might have to take out the garbage, and fix the broken stair before getting the OK.
Fred Hempel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30, 2015   #48
Barb_FL
Tomatovillian™

Thank you for doing the kickstarter program.

I was following this thread from the beginning but maybe it needs it's own thread for more people to participate.

If I get the seeds early enough, I will plant for the fall season.
Barb_FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 30, 2015   #49
Fred Hempel
Tomatovillian™

Barb, Thanks for mentioning the fall planting issue.

I will be contacting all backers immediately, in a week when I get all of the backer info -- and I will be asking everyone if they could use seeds in August for a fall planting. I can probably turn around seeds for those folks in a few days, as I will have ripe fruit of all the various lines by then in my field.
Old July 30, 2015   #50
Fred Hempel
Tomatovillian™

Almost half-way there. On the first day. 6 more days to interest a few more people.
Old July 30, 2015   #51
jbond007
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hempel View Post
We might. My optimistic self is picturing a few husbands asking permission from their wives to join at the full-on Collaborating Member level. But they might have to take out the garbage, and fix the broken stair before getting the OK.
Haha. You know us so well
jbond007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31, 2015   #52
salix
Tomatovillian™

Thanks, Fred, I'm in as well. Sorry we aggressive Canucks were an extra bother for you...
Old July 31, 2015   #53
Barb_FL
Tomatovillian™

Just checked this AM, and up to $625. Yeah!!!

Thank you Fred for having the seeds available the August. I really appreciate it.
Barb_FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31, 2015   #54
heirloomtomaguy
Tomatovillian™

I hope it goes through for you Fred. I encourage any members that like new and exciting varieties to at least give it a look. I am planting most of the varieties for a fall crop this weekend and look forward to the first ripe fruits. Good luck Fred!
“Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it."
heirloomtomaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1, 2015   #55
AdrianaG
Tomatovillian™

I would give my eye teeth for an Orange Jazz sucker that I could root for my fall tomato garden... First frost for me is November 1.
AdrianaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1, 2015   #56
AdrianaG
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by tam91 View Post
Where can I find information on the rest of those tomato choices?
Here are the other choices: http://baianicchia.blogspot.com/2015...-7-update.html

In addition to Orange Jazz, Spike is on my radar. Tangy is my thing!
AdrianaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1, 2015   #57
Fred Hempel
Tomatovillian™

The other truly unique one is probably Orange Caprese.
Old August 2, 2015   #58
Fred Hempel
Tomatovillian™

Here is some information on what we will have for collaborating members, in the coming years. Starting next growing season.

If you click on the photo in the link, it should change. There are 4 photos.
Old August 3, 2015   #59
Fred Hempel
Tomatovillian™

I just wanted to mention that our one-week kickstarter project is really an extension of our search for "collaborating members" this year.

We are to the point where we are wrapping up the sign-up period. The kickstarter project ends on Wednesday, and after that there will still be signups (at the Artisan Seeds website) until September 1st. Then we will turn our focus to evaluating our breeding projects and organizing our trialing program with members.

At that point we will stop leaking so much information about things in progress (see previous post) because it is just frustrating for everyone when we post photos of things in progress, and people understandably want to grow them out. And we have to say "sorry, they are unavailable right now".

So, now's the time to decide if you are interested in this thing of ours -- and the Facebook page for Collaborating Members will also be open for another month to help you decide.
Old August 3, 2015   #60
jbond007
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hempel View Post
I just wanted to mention that our one-week kickstarter project is really an extension of our search for "collaborating members" this year.

We are to the point where we are wrapping up the sign-up period. The kickstarter project ends on Wednesday, and after that there will still be signups (at the Artisan Seeds website) until September 1st. Then we will turn our focus to evaluating our breeding projects and organizing our trialing program with members.

At that point we will stop leaking so much information about things in progress (see previous post) because it is just frustrating for everyone when we post photos of things in progress, and people understandably want to grow them out. And we have to say "sorry, they are unavailable right now".

So, now's the time to decide if you are interested in this thing of ours -- and the Facebook page for Collaborating Members will also be open for another month to help you decide.
Yeah! FUNDED!
jbond007 is offline   Reply With Quote