Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Old March 26, 2017   #1
gssgarden
Tomatovillian™

Default When to start Actinovate...

This might be a silly question but when do you guys start using Actinovate? At pot up? Or wait until they are in the ground?

Also, Can I mix Actinovate with fish Emulsion and apply when in 4" pots before plant out?

Thanks!

Greg
gssgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26, 2017   #2
Johnniemar
Tomatovillian™

Used actinovate last two season from setting out in garden. A Complete waste of money in my opinion! Plants died from foliar diseases by mid august.
Johnniemar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26, 2017   #3
greenthumbomaha
Tomatovillian™

I did not see any reduction in blight when I used Actinovate. I poured it in the pots immediately before planting inground. It was an expenditure with no benefits in my garden.

I do use mycos, another expensive product. I didn't compare yield, but the plants that were treated really took off, at least initially. Everything turns into a jungle at some point for me.

- Lisa
greenthumbomaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29, 2017   #4
Keiththibodeaux
Tomatovillian™

I used Actinovate when issues first started to show up with my seedlings while they were still in the incubators. That was nipped in the bud, they turned out to be some of my prettiest seedlings in years. I treated them again when I put them in the ground. Again, my prettiest tomatoes in years. I do have an acid test spot in waiting. Each year the tomato in one spot always falls victim to summer blight early. So, if that tomato holds on I will be double sold.
Keiththibodeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29, 2017   #5
brownrexx
Tomatovillian™

I use Actinovate to protect against Late Blight which shows up in August so I only start spraying plants in about July. I do not do a soil drench.
brownrexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29, 2017   #6
Dark Rumor
Tomatovillian™

This is a review taken from the following website, I am not endorsing the review, I found it interesting:

http://www.gardeners.com/buy/actinov...de/39-394.html

this is a biological fungicide that is curative. Fungicide is merely a technical term, it is really a foliar probiotic. This yeast populates the leaf surface and prevents pathogenic fungus from taking hold. Additionally, this yeast produces an enzyme that actually cures some pathogenic fungus (such as powdery mildew), rather than just controlling it. I use this as a preventative measure and it works best as such. "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure". A foliar misting every 2 weeks until vegetative grow ceases. I am unsure how this will do after a severe pathogenic fungus infection has taken hold. I recommend co-op plying Sea-Crop, or Sea-90. These trace minerals not only will block and kill fungus as they are a salt, but will maximize plant health and aid disease resistance.
Dark Rumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29, 2017   #7
gssgarden
Tomatovillian™

Interesting. Thanks!

Greg
gssgarden is offline   Reply With Quote