Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Old June 4, 2007   #1
hasshoes
Tomatovillian™

Default Last one, I promise :0)

Is this a viral or fungal disease, or could it been because I splashed a little Neptune's Harvest on the plant? It looks brown but it's mainy transluscant. . .

Thanks. . . and I promise to stop being so needy for awhile
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0107.jpg (76.6 KB, 28 views)
hasshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4, 2007   #2
Steve1961
Tomatovillian™

Hi hasshoes, took a look at your pic and to me it does not appear that Neptunes Harvest could do this. Myself I use Neptunes Harvest on my seedlings (foliar spray) a couple of times prior to transplant. Is your drainage good in your cup ? I would expect to see a more yellow color than that if it wasn't. Have you started to harden him off yet ? If you have maybe it didn't like it's first trip(s) outdoors. I know here in Kansas I have to be very careful hardening off plants due to the winds. My tom leaves will turn that color and shortly after start getting wind burnt. One more thing looking at the size of your tom he may be getting root bound. I doubt if that styrofoam is letting him "breath" like he would like. Anyway myself I wouldn't throw the towel in on him. There is nothing in that picture that scares me enough to get rid of him. Good luck and I will keep scratching my head thinking of other things for you.
Steve1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4, 2007   #3
hasshoes
Tomatovillian™

Perhaps it is both of your suggestions. . . I've been hardening it off, and the sun made it sprout out like a weed. . .and Neptune's did too. . . I almost threw it out because a couple of weeks ago it was barely several inches. . .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF0105_1.jpg (55.2 KB, 12 views)
hasshoes is offline   Reply With Quote