Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

New to growing your own tomatoes? This is the forum to learn the successful techniques used by seasoned tomato growers. Questions are welcome, too.

Old December 3, 2006   #16
VGary
Tomatoville Honoree

Default BriarPatch

George, As Red Green says, "I may not be Handsome, but I am Handy!" lol
Perhaps sometime in the near future I will post a picture of my alter ego -- BriarPatch -- here.
Last fall I took my 16 year old grandson, Zachary, to Clown School; he and I both decided to enroll and become clowns. We spent the entire year going to classes each week and graduated in June with a DumbPloma! That was quality time well spent! We are now certified clowns -- I am BriarPatch, a Hobo/Tramp Clown and he is Spud. We participated in the Kentucky Derby Festival Parade in the spring. I celebrated my 70th birthday in September. BriarPatch is a most handsome fella with a free spirited personality; he enjoys being with sick children and the elderly. My birthday was spent at the Ireland Community Hospital at Fort Knox, Kentucky. The hospital serves the base military, their families and those stationed there for brief periods. I committed myself to an engagement last night to appear as BriarPatch at the Make A Dream Christmas Party in December. I helped out this summer when they had a Picnic at Kentucky Kingdom's Six Flags Ammusement Park here. The Make A Dream Foundation is working with terminal and critically ill children and their families. We must have had two hundred attending the picnic this past summer which includes the children and all their family. I'm looking forward to the Christmas Party. I think I get more enjoyment out of this than almost anything else, except growing Heirloom Tomatoes!
Gary/Louisville