Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

New to growing your own tomatoes? This is the forum to learn the successful techniques used by seasoned tomato growers. Questions are welcome, too.

Old December 22, 2006   #1
duajones
Tomatovillian™

Default Daconil

For those of you who use it, when do you start spraying your seedlings? Do you wait until hardening off time, or start spraying them while they are still under the lights?
duajones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23, 2006   #2
Suze
Tomatovillian™

Duane, no need to spray while they are under lights, but I do start spraying as soon as they go outside to harden off. Daconil works best as a preventative (by sealing attachment sites for fungal spores); don't wait until you start to see problems to use it.
Suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31, 2006   #3
Tomatovator
Tomatovillian™

When the plants go outside to harden off how about a quick dunk in a container of Daconil solution to ensure complete coverage? It would be easy for me to do as I put in a small number of plants.
Tomatovator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2, 2007   #4
Suze
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomatovator
When the plants go outside to harden off how about a quick dunk in a container of Daconil solution to ensure complete coverage? It would be easy for me to do as I put in a small number of plants.
I think you'll find that it would be easier to just go ahead and spray them. For just a few plants, a one gallon wand type pump sprayer might be a nice size, especially for when they get larger. In any case, you don't have to fill it up all the way.
Suze is offline   Reply With Quote