Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating peppers.

Old March 10, 2017   #16
shule1

Criolla De Cocina looks kind of like a giant habanero (4" x 2"). It's a sweet pepper. I don't know if it tastes anything like one. It's supposed to have thin walls. I wonder if it's C. chinense or C. annuum (or a cross between the two). One reviewer says the flavor isn't as intense as that of a seasoning pepper.
Old March 11, 2017   #17
tarpalsfan
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole_Robbie View Post
Interesting. I have Trinidad Perfume for the first time this year, which is very similar, but from what I read might contain a tiny bit of heat.
I grew Trinidad Seasoning before. It was fun to grow, slow at first, then it took off. I grew it in containers. When I finally sampled the pepper, it wasn't hot, but the flavor was unusual. I hope you get lots of great peppers-if I remember I will ask how you like Trinidad Perfume.
tarpalsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18, 2017   #18
Starlight
Tomatovillian™

I went with some friends today for Spring kick off of plant season and they had racks of Baker Hill and Johnny's seed. I looked over the Baker Hill seeds and found a pack of the Habanada seeds. I got few extra seeds too I could share with a couple of folks.
Starlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22, 2018   #19
tarpalsfan
Tomatovillian™

Default Question about Habanada

This season i am going to try habanada? ('18) how did habanada do for those who grew it last season?
I do grow zavory's. I like those a lot. :d
Old March 22, 2018   #20
pepere
Tomatovillian™

Default Habanada

Grew this pepper 2 years ago. Unbelievable production and a fruity sweet taste. Most branches snapped by end of season because of heavy fruit set.

Worth growing.
pepere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22, 2018   #21
ako1974
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by shule1 View Post
Criolla De Cocina looks kind of like a giant habanero (4" x 2"). It's a sweet pepper. I don't know if it tastes anything like one. It's supposed to have thin walls. I wonder if it's C. chinense or C. annuum (or a cross between the two). One reviewer says the flavor isn't as intense as that of a seasoning pepper.
I grew these. Very productive pepper, with (yes) thin walls. I didn't get an intense flavor, just a nice sweet pepper.
Old March 24, 2018   #22
tarpalsfan
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepere View Post
Grew this pepper 2 years ago. Unbelievable production and a fruity sweet taste. Most branches snapped by end of season because of heavy fruit set.

Worth growing.
Wow That sounds like a great pepper! Thanks for the reply