Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General information and discussion about cultivating peppers.

Old July 15, 2014   #16
drew51
Tomatovillian™

I grow some hots, like scotch bonnet, and others with more or less heat. I can use them in anyway mentioned. they are plenty hot enough. I would rather have a hot pepper than a super hot. As the hot peppers are dangerous enough! hard to handle etc. I use surgical gloves, not the latex, as they go right through them!
I'm growing The Congo Trinidad pepper, Manzano Pepper,Uyababa Pepper, and others. these seem pretty hot to me! I have no objection to growing super hots, the plants are pretty cool. To me the other more mid range and even sweet are also very interesting and can be used in so many ways.
drew51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17, 2014   #17
lavanta
Tomatovillian™

Next year I will try growing some hot ones. A nice person on this board sent me Black Stinger, 7 Pod Red, Trinidad Scorpion, and Chocolate Bomb seeds. I can't handle anything over habanero so these will be given away to a friend who thinks he can handle any hot pepper.

Last edited by lavanta; July 17, 2014 at 04:01 PM.
lavanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24, 2014   #18
guruofgardens
Tomatovillian™

Lavanta - the chocolate bombs aren't very hot, but they are prolific. You could de-seed them and fill with cream cheese as a snack. Just a suggestion.
guruofgardens is offline   Reply With Quote