Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old February 15, 2012   #31
travis
Tomatovillian™

I've never had a problem with Parks Seeds, and have grown cucumbers, peppers, squash, and tomatoes from their seeds for years. The seeds come in sealed, foil packets, and germinate quickly. Yes, I've had some seed back ordered before, but never failed to arrive.
travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20, 2012   #32
BigBrownDogHouse
Tomatovillian™

Sponge refills finally arrived today. Ordered Jan. 15th, arrived Feb. 20th.

They were in a ziplock bag that opened during shipment so they were scattered around the box along with sponge fragments.

They are like the ones when I ordered the smaller sponge replacements last year in regards to their quality.
The quality is not as good as the orignals. You need to handle them with more care or little pieces of sponge come off.
Old September 28, 2012   #33
Redbaron
Tomatovillian™

Everything I got from Parks last year was superior. The flowers especially were extra vibrant and colorful. Especially my coleus and zinnias! They really popped! They were a bit slow, but in the end they came through with plenty of time to spare for me.

I am happy to wait a bit for quality.

Edit: See the brilliant orange in the sunflower of my avatar? That is a Park Sunflower. My Moss rose too! I ordered a mixed blend and got colors I didn't even know existed in a moss rose. I also ordered herbs and everyone of them was superior.

AKA The Redbaron

"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system."
Bill Mollison
co-founder of permaculture

Last edited by Redbaron; September 28, 2012 at 02:11 AM.
Redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 1, 2012   #34
BigBrownDogHouse
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbaron View Post

I am happy to wait a bit for quality.
Don't get me wrong....I don't have a problem with the quality of their seeds. Their Whopper continues to be a great producer and the the most perfect shaped tomato I've ever seen and is a great tasting tomato around here. Their four o'clock seeds this year also turned out to be beautiful.

However, their sponge refils have really dropped off in quality. They are definitely not the same as years past....but they still work.

My order took over a month and that was with my emails and a phone call. Their site said "item ready to ship" and they didn't have it. It didn't say backordered.

There was no updating from them on the status of the original order just a quick "order being processed" email.
When they shipped the entire order, it wasn't complete and I had to call them and they pretty much went "opps". The sponges didn't arrive in great shape. They had bounced around and the bag was filled with sponge fragments.

That's what I was bringing up. I like their seeds. The Whopper is a great tomato.

I ordered in what I thought was plenty of time to receive my refill sponges. It got pretty close to when I wanted to start a few early plants.

Here's the new pinkish four o'clock and one of this year's Whopper:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 005.jpg (217.0 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg 009.jpg (326.9 KB, 33 views)
Old December 11, 2012   #35
JimM_SC
Tomatovillian™

I Placed an order for seeds last Friday and it shipped today (Tuesday). Nothing backordered. I don't use the sponge refills so I don't know what the deal is on those. Parks is only retail source I know for Squash Frisco. I like their Beefy Boy tomato. It's the only full size hybrid I grow.
Jim
JimM_SC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16, 2013   #36
BigBrownDogHouse
Tomatovillian™

Default PART TWO

I know everyone seems to have different levels of luck with this company. I like their stuff but leave yourself plenty of time for items to arrive.

I ordered 4 packets of seeds and bio dome replacements on December 12th. Website stated that all items were in stock.

I got an email 3 weeks to the day that my order was ready to ship. However, the email stated that the bio dome refills were backordered. About 5 days later got the seeds.

Got an email a few days ago bio dome refills were shipping....Got them today, January 16th.

Might have some great stuff but leave yourself plenty of time. I guess the few seeds I order and the refills are hot items.

Five weeks to complete order.
Old January 23, 2013   #37
Baizanator
Tomatovillian™

I have been a Park Seed man from the beginning because my father and grandmother used them extensively. This last transaction, however, has been a disaster.

I ordered a LARGE order from them last Monday. Due to the fact that I was going to plant my tomato seeds for my grandfather's garden last Sunday I needed the grow-light shelf that I ordered. Well, after a few days I hadn't heard anything although the money HAD been pulled from my account. I emailed them and find out that my order was coming from two different vendors. I let them know I had purchased two-day shipping and they let me know that they'll refund if if they don't come by the end of the week.

Fast forward five days to today. The entire shipment (including my light bulbs) arrived yesterday without the grow-light shelves. I email again and they tell me that it won't be here until Saturday. So, basic synopsis is that I ordered something on January 14th with TWO-DAY shipping and won't receive it until January 26th.
Baizanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28, 2013   #38
KathyDC
Tomatovillian™

I just made what was (for me) a rather large seed order from Park Seed and the only comment I really have is just that it seemed to take quite long for them to get to me. It wasn't just that it took a while for the items to get through the Post Office, it was clearly an issue with however they're processed by Park.

That being said, I got everything I wanted, all is in order with the shipment and am looking forward to planting my flowers. My only gripe really is that it seemed to take an inordinate amount of time to arrive.
KathyDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28, 2013   #39
Baizanator
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyDC View Post
I just made what was (for me) a rather large seed order from Park Seed and the only comment I really have is just that it seemed to take quite long for them to get to me. It wasn't just that it took a while for the items to get through the Post Office, it was clearly an issue with however they're processed by Park.

That being said, I got everything I wanted, all is in order with the shipment and am looking forward to planting my flowers. My only gripe really is that it seemed to take an inordinate amount of time to arrive.
This was the issue I had. Once it was shipped it didn't take long to get here but the "processing" stage seemed to take a LONG time.
Baizanator is offline   Reply With Quote