Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Discussion forum for commercial seed, plant and garden supply sources.

Old 1 Week Ago   #481
Rajun Gardener
Tomatovillian™

Target has canning jars on sale, free shipping or pick up.

Quart=5.74
[url]https://www.target.com/p/kerr-32oz-12pk-pint-jars-wide-mouth/-/A-54017509[/url]

Pint jars=6.99
[url]https://www.target.com/p/ball-16oz-12pk-glass-regular-mouth-mason-jar-with-lid-and-band/-/A-12794405[/url]

1/2 pints are 7.19
[url]https://www.target.com/p/ball-set-of-12-half-pint-8-oz-quilted-mason-jar/-/A-13562672[/url]
Old 1 Week Ago   #482
greenthumbomaha
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajun Gardener View Post
I get all my potting soils from here, take a look for all gardening/greenhouse items too.

[URL="https://www.amleo.com/soilless-mix/c/P04E/"][/URL]
What mixes did you buy, Rajun?

Garick Performance Blend looks like a nice rich soil, but it isn't available in consumer sizes.

- Lisa
greenthumbomaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #483
Rajun Gardener
Tomatovillian™

I've used the Lamberts all purpose(LM-AP), the germination mix(LM-GPS) and the Green formula. I also use the Rice Hull Bales as a filler.

I think they will only ship 80lbs per order free but I've ordered back to back without a problem. You can see the weight in the description.
Old 1 Week Ago   #484
zendog
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajun Gardener View Post
I've used the Lamberts all purpose(LM-AP), the germination mix(LM-GPS) and the Green formula.
I've used the same mixes and found this to be about the best deal for pretty good mixes. I keep thinking they'll stop allowing free shipping on heavy stuff, since with the cost of shipping I don't think this works out well for them, but I do buy other products from them just based on buying the mixes.

I'm curious what you think of the germination mix Rajun. I tried it last year, but think it can really compact down too much because of the small particle size. I didn't feel like I got as good roots on my seedlings as I do with ProMix, so I think I'll just use the AP mix for seed starting this year and see how it goes.
zendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #485
Barb_FL
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by zendog View Post
I've used the same mixes and found this to be about the best deal for pretty good mixes. I keep thinking they'll stop allowing free shipping on heavy stuff, since with the cost of shipping I don't think this works out well for them, but I do buy other products from them just based on buying the mixes.

I'm curious what you think of the germination mix Rajun. I tried it last year, but think it can really compact down too much because of the small particle size. I didn't feel like I got as good roots on my seedlings as I do with ProMix, so I think I'll just use the AP mix for seed starting this year and see how it goes.
Previously I bought the Lambert Germination mix and didn't like it at all. It looked OK but didn't do well for me. I didn't try any of the others.
I germinate in ProMix or a ProMix/Coco Coir combo estimate 70-80 to 30-20.

However, I tried the Berger Bark Growing Mix and it is excellent. There isn't chunks of Bark; it isn't noticeable. Mix is nice and fluffy. I would try their other Berger Growing mix but they were out of stock.
Barb_FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #486
Barb_FL
Tomatovillian™

Osborne Seeds has FREE SHIPPING for Cyber Monday.

I have never seen Osborne have free shipping although their shipping prices are very reasonable normally.
Barb_FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #487
upcountrygirl
Tomatovillian™

I know it's off subject but has anyone came across any deals on cardstock today for cyber Monday sales?
upcountrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #488
Rajun Gardener
Tomatovillian™

Killer deal on a Earthway Precision Garden Seeder 1001B

$79 and free shipping!!
[url]https://www.ruralking.com/earthway-precision-walk-behind-garden-seeder-1001b[/url]
Old 1 Week Ago   #489
greenthumbomaha
Tomatovillian™

I bought the rice hulls and passed on the Bark Mix due to storage constraints, but the description seemed an ideal composition for tomato growing. I also purchased specialized organic growing bags of FibreDust from the container section, one for strawberries and one for lettuce. I have no idea how to apply a granular fertilizer to this product, or what to use. Probably obvious to everyone but me

- Lisa
greenthumbomaha is offline   Reply With Quote