Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Florida TAG™ event information and discussion forum. Florida Tasting And Growing group

Old January 30, 2017   #1
kurt
Tomatovillian™

Default Cuba is the new trend.

Ever since the embargo has been relaxed(please no reflex interNAT responses).As Floridians we all have Cuban friends.And anyone who has contacts,now is the time to procure those hidden gems of long lost Seeds that have been isolated,have not been corrupted,imported from Russians occupying and intermingling with the local farming community.As we speak I have my own boots on the ground,have received some original Monti Cristo # 40 seeds.Also got lucky and have some puportedly some blacks,cherry and midsize.Too late for this season,will trial soon enough.Am on lookout for some original landrace peppers.
Old January 30, 2017   #2
Sherry_AK
Tomatovillian™

We traveled to Cuba in 2015. I brought home tomato seeds stuck to a paper napkin from my lunch. Grew them last year. A nice round, red tomato of good size, but not very tasty. Maybe the growing conditions in Cuba are a bit different than in Alaska? Ha!
Old January 30, 2017   #3
kurt
Tomatovillian™

Default Replicate the conditions a close as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry_AK View Post
We traveled to Cuba in 2015. I brought home tomato seeds stuck to a paper napkin from my lunch. Grew them last year. A nice round, red tomato of good size, but not very tasty. Maybe the growing conditions in Cuba are a bit different than in Alaska? Ha!
Not to bragg,I had the opportunity to visit the State of Alaska plenty of times.Wife will not let me buy land there.But I did snag on a trip there some seeds from the Matanuska Tundra and they were not tomato seeds.This was during the Vancouver Olympics.Today those little damsels (ALL OF THEM) look real nice in the morning sun.It takes a while to acclimate.

Last edited by kurt; January 30, 2017 at 04:42 AM.
Old December 27, 2018   #4
Zone9b
Tomatovillian™

I recently sent some Brandywine Dark and Cosmonaut Volkov tomato seeds back to Cuba with a friend. Both are hardy varieties. I'm hoping they will work for him..
Old December 27, 2018   #5
Zone9b
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry_AK View Post
You think