Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Old June 8, 2016   #1
brooksville
Tomatovillian™

Default Fruit Rot

Anybody know what this may be? Soft black spot on inside wall of tomato. It's not BER because it isn't firm. It looks like it entered the fruit from the stem, because the rot is contained. It's happened to several varieties and only a few fruit. I believe this is the 4th one. Any insight would be appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (398.0 KB, 31 views)
brooksville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8, 2016   #2
b54red
Tomatovillian™

Could be several things from a bruised fruit that rotted in that spot to a worm inside. It could also be from stings from leaf footed bugs or stink bugs or a disease like Gray Mold.
Tomatoes are always looking for someway to go wrong and mess up our happy gardening.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8, 2016   #3
brooksville
Tomatovillian™

What ever it is the appearance is the same throughout the various fruits. Hopefully it's stings from SB or LFB. I thought about GM but wanted some more eyes to look and give some thoughts.
brooksville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8, 2016   #4
b54red
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooksville View Post
What ever it is the appearance is the same throughout the various fruits. Hopefully it's stings from SB or LFB. I thought about GM but wanted some more eyes to look and give some thoughts.
It doesn't look like typical GM on the fruit and it would be obvious on the leaves of the plant.

Bill
b54red is offline   Reply With Quote