Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Old January 31, 2006   #1
Grub
Tomatovillian™

Default Tomato Forest

The last few years in drought-ravaged Sydney there has been nigh a green blade of grass. My well mulched patcch needed watering about three times, but that was it.

This year, it's showering every week. Sun, shower, sun, showers, humid all summer long. The plants are going mad in this weather, what with the extra Nitrogen in the rain water.

I planted out late and definitely have less fruitset than other earlier and drier seasons. But I think I have enough and maybe some late fruitset will last well into Autumn.

The patch is staggered and the new bed is in the front. Stuff like Green Giant, Grandfather Ashlock and Ashleigh are only just setting fruit now. But they look great Grub

[img][img][/img]
Grub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31, 2006   #2
Mantis
Tomatovillian™

Certainly is a jungle. Those plants look really good. My jungle is falling over now and my best plants are in the large pots outside. Hoping to get fruit thru till the fall crop kicks in.
Mantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31, 2006   #3
Grub
Tomatovillian™

Default Fall Crop

Should be interesting to see how late we can grow them. I reckon I could do Kimberly year-round. That's the plant, anyway. Hoping it still tastes good too.

Keep us posted. I'm not sure if GMPLG will be ripe in time for you. Mine are taking a while. Come to think of it everything is taking a while to ripen this year
Old January 31, 2006   #4
Tomstrees
Tomatovillian™

I will get this "posting picture" thing down yet! ~ Tom
ps. please bear with me!
Tomstrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31, 2006   #5
Tomstrees
Tomatovillian™

ok I think I can do this now everyone
-
This is my jungle before we went through our dry spell in Aug. 2005 - Everything just stopped - until Sept. ; then it was buiz as usual !!! ~ Tom

Old February 1, 2006   #6
Grub
Tomatovillian™

Default I can see, I can see!

By gees I think you have it. And I rember the pic when I was curled up in front of a fire, laptop by my side. Looking forward to seeing a few more of yours, Tom. Tomato pics, that is.
Old February 1, 2006   #7
Tomstrees
Tomatovillian™

lol Grub ~ gotcha ... I know you guys have seen them before ... lol - I'm freezing over here ; and in much need of new material !!! I really can't wait until spring - I am going to do a "time-line" of my garden ... now that I've got it down ... skys the limit ! enjoy ~ Tom