Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old April 24, 2016   #1
Mojo
Tomatovillian™

Default (Meta) What happened to SETTFest Forum?

--okay, I've been busy, I admit it. This is my year to be faculty senate president, and it's eaten me alive. I haven't had the time to keep up with the online stuff like I used to.

Even so, I was a bit taken aback to notice that the SETTFest forum has gone. Has something very bad happened and I missed it? Do we no longer have hope of a consistent organizer? I'd step up but I'm still swamped.
Old April 24, 2016   #2
Dark Rumor
Tomatovillian™

I would be interested in hearing more about it, I am relatively new to the area.
Dark Rumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25, 2016   #3
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

You might remember that it was Suze who started that site and did it for many years with help from Feldon and others, but then she moved elsewhere,Feldon moved elsewhere and no one else was willing to take it on.

That's how I remember it and if anyone else knows more perhaps they'll see this thread and comment..

Carolyn
Old April 25, 2016   #4
Douglas_OW
Tomatovillian™

As best I can recollect, the SETTFest Forum, and perhaps a few others, were deleted by Mischka. He cited a lack of activity in those forums, and a desire to cleanup/reorganize things. This occurred within the last 3-6 months.
It occurred during a spate of spirited discussion between Mischka and some members of the Tomatoville community.
It would appear that all of those posts are no longer available, so I am relying on my own questionable memories.

Jim
Douglas_OW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25, 2016   #5
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Just let sleeping dogs lie and start something with a different name.
As was said neither one even live in the state anymore.
Texas is such a huge state it is very hard to have one event that can accommodate everyone.
Not only in distance traveled but timing to have the event.
This often left Suze supplying the big majority of the tomatoes.
I miss Suze she was a very nice person the many times I visited her.
Feldon, Mischka and everyone else is nice too, we all have our moments including me.

Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25, 2016   #6
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
Just let sleeping dogs lie and start something with a different name.
As was said neither one even live in the state anymore.
Texas is such a huge state it is very hard to have one event that can accommodate everyone.
Not only in distance traveled but timing to have the event.
This often left Suze supplying the big majority of the tomatoes.
I miss Suze she was a very nice person the many times I visited her.
Feldon, Mischka and everyone else is nice too, we all have our moments including me.

Worth
Thank you Worth,I appreciate your viewpoint.

I had said above that there was no one who wanted to take it over after Suze and Feldon both moved elsewhere.

Jim, I just spent some time doing a search here and could find no threads where Settfest had been discussed publicaly,you said community, and I went back to 2012.

If there are major changes,M usually asks for the input of the Global Mods first,and there were no such discussions.

So I agree with Worth suggesting if folks in that area want to revive Settfest,name it something else,it's all there for the taking, get things going,notify Mischka about it so he can add it. But motivation and commitment are essential, b'c it can be a huge job to do something like that as others here who are the main ones for several other such Forums already know.

Carolyn