Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

General discussion regarding the techniques and methods used to successfully grow tomato plants in containers.

Old September 10, 2006   #1
MsCowpea
Tomatovillian™

Default Big Lot Containers

Don't know if it was a local sale or not but the Big Lots by me had those Rubbermaid round tubs with the rope handles on sale for $5 each. Check out your local Big Lots if interested.

I am supposed to be cutting way back on the number of containers I have this year so can't explain why I bought 12 of them! Yikes. I am going to double them up for just 6 self-watering containers so it is not as bad as it seems or so I tell myself.

"When we kill off the natural enemies of a pest we inherit their work."
Carl Huffaker
MsCowpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12, 2006   #2
Sherry_AK
Tomatovillian™

Some things just can't be explained! (Wishing there were a Big Lots near me!!!)
Sherry_AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12, 2006   #3
Polar_Lace
Tomatovillian™

Thanks!

I'll be checking tomorrow....
Old September 12, 2006   #4
sirtanon
Tomatovillian™

I saw those containers too.. and while they did grab my attention for just a short while, I ended up not buying any, as I've got these new raised beds I'm working on

What I DID buy, however was an even cooler garden gadget called the "Garden Genius." it's basically a somewhat small container with a water resevoir, an upper platform, fitted to accept a small pot, and a small batter-powered water pump complete with adjustable timer. You just put a potted plant in the fitted area, stick the watering emitter in the soil, put batteries and water in, and you're good to go

..and it was only $1 !!!

I'll see if I can get a pic up.