Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Information and discussion regarding garden diseases, insects and other unwelcome critters.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 24, 2018   #1
beetkvass
Tomatovillian™

Default Cause of brassicas and onions to turn yellow in winter and die?

Last winter I had a ton of brassicas planted out in the fall as well as onions. A bed of rutabaga started to turn yellow and then the leaves yellowed and died basically. It spread from bed to bed. I thought maybe it was fusarium. But I was doing some more research and read that fusarium is rarely a problem in winter in FL due to the cold. I live in north Georgia so it's certainly colder here.

Any idea what in the world would damage and kill my brassicas and onions? And in the winter? The plants were not crowded. I had never had anything kill my brassicas before. I started all of the plants from seed myself. I haven't grown another brassica since then. :/

I had been thinking we had fusarium. But this past spring whatever we have killed all the tomatoes. BUT all the potatoes were gorgeous and healthy and produced well. And the peppers were all nice and healthy and productive. I just can't figure out what the diseases I'm dealing with are. And then I ended up sick this spring and my husband and kids ended up doing most of the gardening this year so i really wasn't on top of figuring it out.
beetkvass is offline   Reply With Quote