Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Member discussion regarding the methods, varieties and merits of growing tomatoes.

Old June 26, 2019   #1546
NicolasGarcia
Tomatovillian™

Karen, thanks.
Yes, we have an African air mass in Spain, although it seems that it will only last a week or so, here where I live is quite hot, about 40 degrees (104 Fahrenheit)
The heat wave will leave temperatures of 42 º C in some parts of the country and minimum that will not fall below 20 º C, according to the prediction of the State Meteorology Agency. In the whole of Spain, up to 32 provinces will be on Thursday yellow level warning and orange by maximum temperatures by the arrival of the first wave of summer heat. I hope that my tomatoes tolerate the heat wave well.
regards

Nico.
NicolasGarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4, 2019   #1547
jmsieglaff
Tomatovillian™

KARMA Peach are some nice sized fruit, a bit larger than golf ball.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3771BF40-550D-4E9E-B329-6E049922AE2B.jpg (302.2 KB, 165 views)
jmsieglaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4, 2019   #1548
wxcrawler
Tomatovillian™

Default KARMA Peach

I think you're going to really like the KARMA Peach. I absolutely love mine here in Tulsa. They tasted quite a bit different than the KARMA Pink to me, and I really like KARMA Pink. They were much sweeter and had this richness in the taste that I haven't really found in another tomato. It's hard to describe. I don't really mean tangy when I say it had a richness in the flavor. It's just something you have to experience. Karen may be able to put it in words better than me. All I know is KARMA Peach is now on my must-grow list. Thank you Karen (and Marsha).

Lee
Tulsa, OK
wxcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4, 2019   #1549
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsieglaff View Post
KARMA Peach are some nice sized fruit, a bit larger than golf ball.
Perfect. That is the correct size for KARMA peach. A saladette to even a small beefsteak in size.
Thank you for the great photo!
Karen
KarenO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4, 2019   #1550
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxcrawler View Post
I think you're going to really like the KARMA Peach. I absolutely love mine here in Tulsa. They tasted quite a bit different than the KARMA Pink to me, and I really like KARMA Pink. They were much sweeter and had this richness in the taste that I haven't really found in another tomato. It's hard to describe. I don't really mean tangy when I say it had a richness in the flavor. It's just something you have to experience. Karen may be able to put it in words better than me. All I know is KARMA Peach is now on my must-grow list. Thank you Karen (and Marsha).

Lee
Tulsa, OK
Wonderful Lee!
I know exactly what you mean. The KARMA peach segregated from the as yet unreleased KARMA apricot in the F5.
I was looking for the large cocktail cherry that the rest of the KARMAS are so I actually was not all that pleased to see this bigger one.

Until I tasted it. I recall excitedly telling Marsha that it was “ oh my god delicious” extremely sweet but with a deep delicious tomato flavour as well. It got the name KARMA peach for its sweetness, size and relationship to the apricot that it segregated from.
It is one of the best tasting tomatoes I have ever eaten.
Omg good
Thank you for this wonderful review! You will love the Apricot too when it's released
Karen
Old July 5, 2019   #1551
NicolasGarcia
Tomatovillian™

My first KARMA pink tomatoes, 62 days since their definitive transplant. I'll leave them for a day or two more, because last season I noticed that the KARMA pink tomato is more delicious and more mature.
regards
Nico
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSLR Camera for Xiaomi Mi A120190705_090811.jpg (364.8 KB, 145 views)

Nico.
Old July 5, 2019   #1552
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

Hi Nico, thank you for the great photo! I know it has been severely hot in Spain Recently so I am pleased to see your plants ( and you!) are doing alright
I hope the rest of your season has perfect weather!
Karen
Old July 5, 2019   #1553
NicolasGarcia
Tomatovillian™

Karen Garcias.
I think it's my best season, I'm very happy this year. the plants are all healthy and robust, I think I am learning to master the diseases thanks to your good advice.
I think that in two weeks my garden will be in full production
In the middle of July and August in my land it is too hot, I hope on that date, that everything will go the same as I have until now.
Regards

Nico.
Old July 5, 2019   #1554
bad.kelpie
Tomatovillian™

I'm pleased to hear you talk about the possibility of Peach being bigger, because I found this big one in the tomatoes at my parents house. I looked all around to see if there was another tomato or could be, but it's planted with K. Purple MF, Green Bee, Indigo Cherry Drops and Rio Grande. It is definitely KARMA Peach
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190701_142343.jpg (330.7 KB, 125 views)
bad.kelpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5, 2019   #1555
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

Yes. It’s was named KARMA peach because it’s bigger but the same colour as Apricot
If that is a deliciously sweet clear epi bicolour saladette on anpotatonleaf plant it has to be KARMA peach because there is no other indeterminate potato leaf bicolour clear epi yellow and pink delicious saladette tomato
Old July 6, 2019   #1556
NicolasGarcia
Tomatovillian™

Hi all.
Today I have eaten the first two tomatoes of KARMA pink, I was looking forward to this moment, delicious tomatoes a little bigger than a golf ball, one tomato was more mature than the other and the more mature was pretty much better. For me, it has a final taste like smoke that I love, I'm sure later on they will still taste better.
Nico
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Karma pink 4.jpg (189.0 KB, 111 views)

Nico.
Old July 6, 2019   #1557
NicolasGarcia
Tomatovillian™

It seems that of all the KARMA and North gardener, the earliest to produce tomatoes after KARMA pink are from highest to lowest TRUE COLOURS, KARMA peach and KARMA purple

Nico.
Old July 6, 2019   #1558
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

Wow Nico that’s super! The reason I started into breeding my own tomatoes was to try and make a great tasting tomato that was early enough to do well in my Canadian garden. It turned out better than I even hoped. Thank you for the photo and the update!
Karen
Old July 7, 2019   #1559
Ann123
Tomatovillian™

Love this thread :-)
Ann123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7, 2019   #1560
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann123 View Post
Love this thread :-)
It’s a long one
But it tells the story! And wonderful now to see others growing and enjoying the results of our work
Karen