Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 27, 2016   #1
jmsieglaff
Tomatovillian™

Default 2017 Tomato and Garden Pictures

This is where I'll share my 2017 garden pictures. No pictures right now since it is the middle of winter, although I will share some indoor grown micro dwarf pictures over the next few weeks. I hope you all enjoy the posts and it will also serve as a good way for me to document me some garden notes and thoughts.

Thought I'd start with my 2017 tomato grow list with some comments.

Sungold F1: Every year. Tried Sunsugar F1 last year--just about the same thing, just awesome.

Black Krim, Noire de Crimee: I grow Black Krim every year, but I just had to do a side-by-side with Noire de Crimee after what I've read in Carolyn's book.

Daniel Burson: Love black tomatoes so I've got to give this a try after the reviews here in 2016.

Black Cherry and Garnet cherry tomato: Want to grow these side-by-side to see which we like better.

KBX and Orange Jazz: Grew KBX in 2016 and loved it, thought it would be interesting to do a side-by-side with Orange Jazz.

Jaune Flammee and Earl of Edgecombe: Flavor descriptions in Carolyn's book sound right up my alley and want to which we like best.

Aunt Ginny's Purple and Crnkovic Yugoslavian: Two highly regarded heirlooms I wanted to grow together to see which does better in my garden.

Mat-Su Express: After Mark's mouthwateringly good/exceptional comment how could I not grow it since he was kind enough to share seeds.

Wisconsin 55: Our son's favorite red tomato that always has a spot in his garden.

Blush: Beauty and flavor in the same package, returning from 2016.

Summertime Green and Emerald Giant dwarfs: Doing a side-by-side of two large GWR dwarf beefsteaks--grew one of their parents Green Giant in 2016 and really liked it!

Teensy F3 Chocolate Cherry, Teensy F4 Yellow Cherry, Emmy F2: Dwarf project grow--outs.

A couple strains of micro dwarfs.

Can't wait for another summer of new to me tomatoes!
jmsieglaff is offline   Reply With Quote