Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Share your favorite photos with us here. Instructions on how to post them can be found in the first post within.

Old January 3, 2017   #16
Gardenboy
Tomatovillian™

You can catch wahoo when the spanish sardines are running along with big tarpon and also 10 to 15lb cobia. Even the bigger wahoo try to catch the smaller mackerel when everything is in a fish frenzy. Also big snook chasing menhaden in the summer months...Jupiter/ Juno Beach is my favorite spot. The beach parking is just north about 10 miles in Blowing Rock. I don't live in the town of Jupiter or Juno beach so I can't get permit to park on the beach. 30 years ago it was ALL beach parking to anyone. It's only for certain parts of the year because of the turtle nesting.
Gardenboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5, 2017   #17
jpop
Tomatovillian™

Very cool, wish you did not need the pass to go on the beach with a vehicle. Most of my fishing the last 30 years has been from a boat but used to love to fish from the beach and piers as a kid. Used to love the fall mullet runs in the 80's with mackerel, kings, bluefish, sharks, tarpon, snook etc. Although it still occurs it is unfortunately not even close to what the big runs were. Take the kids off the beach in Captiva now and this looks like a fun option relatively close thank you.
jpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5, 2017   #18
Gardenboy
Tomatovillian™

At least that area is not meter parking anymore..U can park FREE along side road and walk down the stairs or through the nature paths to get to the beach area. There is also nice bathroom/shower parking in designated areas. Be careful what you catch ..game patrol is always passing through and watching. Don't keep any fish if the season is closed or if to big or small. I catch huge 44 + inch snook in the summer months but they are to big to keep
Gardenboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5, 2017   #19
nancyruhl
Tomatovillian™

Why aren't there ant tomato plants at your beach
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (297.5 KB, 21 views)
nancyruhl is offline   Reply With Quote