Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Florida TAG™ event information and discussion forum. Florida Tasting And Growing group

Old November 19, 2012   #1
kurt
Tomatovillian™

Default It is all around us(for most of us)

http://eartheasy.com/blog/2010/09/ho...h-your-garden/ For us Floridians who live close to the coast.Ideal way to pump up the lawns also.Lakeweed has the same helpful properties.
Old November 19, 2012   #2
Redbaron
Tomatovillian™

I have to agree. I even once contemplated a buisness removing the Water hyacinth and alligator weed from waterways. I figured I could get paid for the removal, turn it into compost and then turn around and sell the compost as a competitive edge over other removal systems that primarily use herbicides that kill native species too.

Never was able to figure out a workable profitable business model though.

AKA The Redbaron

"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system."
Bill Mollison
co-founder of permaculture
Old November 19, 2012   #3
jerryinfla
Tomatovillian™

I live about 25 miles from Daytona Beach but don't get over there very often. When I do I almost always gather up some seaweeds, never enough for mulch, but plenty to add to my compost bin. I've always wondered about the salt content and it's good to know that it's not a problem. Thanks for the link, Kurt -- excellent reading!
Old November 20, 2012   #4
kurt
Tomatovillian™

http://www.seaagri.com/applications.htm A post on Tville months ago regarding this fert showed up and got me interested.This year I am going to try some of the super granulated as a foliar spray on some plants for comparison against my regular Algoflash(seaweed based) I use every year.
Old November 22, 2012   #5
kurt
Tomatovillian™

More info on seaweed/kelp if interested.http://www.mosesorganic.org/attachme....3seaweed.html