Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Have a favorite recipe that's always a hit with family and friends? Share it with us!

Old February 28, 2017   #16
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrowingCoastal View Post
Rosemary has been in bloom here since January in at least one garden that is protected from the cold. Mine hasn't begun yet. Not enough sun.This is when rosemary usually blooms and is one of the hummingbirds' first flowers of the year, besides the winter jasmine. I even saw some snowdrops in a raised pot being sampled the other day.
That's great
I didn't know rosemary bloomed so early. I will be on the lookout for mine to bloom, I was never able to grow it over winter except as a house plant near Edmonton. So many new things for me here it's exciting
KarenO
KarenO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4, 2017   #17
salix
Tomatovillian™

My rosemary bloomed for the first time last year and both the bees and I were delighted. I grow it in a large pot in the driveway, it goes out near the end of March and comes in sometime in Nov./Dec. It all depends on the overnight temperatures. It seems to be able to tolerate down to about -7 C, but has been forgotten a few times at -10...

When it gets cold enough, I just drag the pot into the cold, dark unheated garage. When I think of it, I'll throw on a few handfuls of snow for hydration. This will be year 5 of this particular experiment.
Old May 5, 2017   #18
sdambr
Tomatovillian™

Finally made the rosemary butter as I had about a pint of heavy cream that I was not going to use. It was so delicious, next time I may add just a bit more pepper, and make a whole lot more.

Thank you Worth for the idea

"There are only two ways to live your life: as though nothing is a miracle, or as though everything is a miracle."
Albert Einstein
sdambr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2017   #19
Worth1
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdambr View Post
Finally made the rosemary butter as I had about a pint of heavy cream that I was not going to use. It was so delicious, next time I may add just a bit more pepper, and make a whole lot more.

Thank you Worth for the idea
You are more than welcome.

Next time I am going to buy some rosemary oil or extract at the store and do it with it.
A lot less trouble.
Worth
Worth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2017   #20
sdambr
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worth1 View Post
You are more than welcome.

Next time I am going to buy some rosemary oil or extract at the store and do it with it.
A lot less trouble.
Worth
I have so much rosemary. that I love to find more uses for it. I also toasted garlic from the garden with the rosemary. I did strain everything before putting it in the butter, but but the sliced garlic on top of one of the ramikens. We couldn't stop eating the stuff.

"There are only two ways to live your life: as though nothing is a miracle, or as though everything is a miracle."
Albert Einstein
sdambr is offline   Reply With Quote