Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Forum area for discussing hybridizing tomatoes in technical terms and information pertinent to trait/variety specific long-term (1+ years) growout projects.

Old November 23, 2020   #31
Barb_FL
Tomatovillian™

I'm growing one plant each of Talvez and Madera right now and Talvez is so impressive. I will try to get a picture tomorrow; nothing is ripe yet but very productive and the tomatoes are larger than I expected. For me, in Florida cherry tomatoes are generally larger than described and large tomatoes are smaller than described. We had a ton of rain on Sunday and the tomatoes are perfect.

I started more Madera seeds just in case I want to start it again. I've had a few ripe Madera already.
Barb_FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 24, 2020   #32
Fred Hempel
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb_FL View Post
I'm growing one plant each of Talvez and Madera right now and Talvez is so impressive. I will try to get a picture tomorrow; nothing is ripe yet but very productive and the tomatoes are larger than I expected. For me, in Florida cherry tomatoes are generally larger than described and large tomatoes are smaller than described. We had a ton of rain on Sunday and the tomatoes are perfect.

I started more Madera seeds just in case I want to start it again. I've had a few ripe Madera already.
It is very nice to hear that Talvez is doing well in Florida. It definitely produces very well here, and the fruits hold well too. Please let me know how the flavor is there.
Old December 10, 2020   #33
Barb_FL
Tomatovillian™

Here's a picture of Talvez. I picked 3 tomatoes already but haven't tried them yet.

It is a very impressive plant in my super windy, hot and humid climate, althought not hot and humid this week.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Talvez.jpg (229.6 KB, 48 views)
Barb_FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10, 2020   #34
Fred Hempel
Tomatovillian™

Plants look good!