Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Forum area for discussing hybridizing tomatoes in technical terms and information pertinent to trait/variety specific long-term (1+ years) growout projects.

Old August 23, 2020   #31
KarenO
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by clkeiper View Post
I got my first tundra yesterday... its lovely. Cutting it this afternoon... BLTS for dinner... Attachment 92397
That’s a beauty.
KarenO
KarenO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23, 2020   #32
Salsacharley
Tomatovillian™

I'm wondering about KARMA Apricot and thin skin. I have 2 KARMA Apricot plants and they both are producing very thick skinned fruits. They are tasty but not at all like the other KARMA varieties as to texture and structure. I'll get some pics later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenO View Post
Yes Miracle has thin skin like all the KARMA tomatoes. I recommend pick at blush and finish indoors if rain or humidity or wet-dry-wet watering style. Those are split from water or rain as opposed to A genetic propensity for cracking.
I think they are worth growing but don’t let them hang ripe because they will definitely split if get suddenly wet.
KarenO
Salsacharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23, 2020   #33
clkeiper
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Yes Miracle has thin skin like all the KARMA tomatoes. I recommend pick at blush and finish indoors if rain or humidity or wet-dry-wet watering style. Those are split from water or rain as opposed to A genetic propensity for cracking.
I think they are worth growing but don’t let them hang ripe because they will definitely split if get suddenly wet.
KarenO
nope. not a drop of rain here for weeks nor have I watered them. I do have a KARMA apricot next to it and none of them split until this morning when we had a smidgen of rain overnight. They are tasty and beautiful by the way.

Last edited by clkeiper; August 23, 2020 at 07:27 PM.
clkeiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23, 2020   #34
dorota
Tomatovillian™

I picked my KARMA Miracle and Apricot and Tundra last Monday, before very heavy rains.

We had the coldest May from 30 years, and our summer was cold and rainy. But they grow healthy, any problems with flowering and setting fruits. They look and taste outstanding.

KARMA Apricot,KARMA Miracle, Tundra
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KARMA Apr 1.jpg (88.6 KB, 120 views)
File Type: jpg KARMA Miracle.jpg (97.3 KB, 122 views)
File Type: jpg Tundra 1.jpg (68.1 KB, 120 views)
dorota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23, 2020   #35
Salsacharley
Tomatovillian™

Here's what my KARMA Apricot looks like (left) and KARMA Miracle (right). I had significant splitting on Miracle until I harvested sooner.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg KARMA Apricot1 082320.jpg (113.5 KB, 118 views)
File Type: jpg KARMA Miracle 08182020.jpg (97.5 KB, 121 views)
Salsacharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23, 2020   #36
Americangrams
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
KarenO
My Miracles are splitting far less than some other cherries. We have had cool weather, Brutal heat and humidity, followed by deluges of rain. Since June. Humidity here will crack them as fast as rain will. I pick at the blush stage to prevent it.
Americangrams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 23, 2020   #37
clkeiper
Tomatovillian™

The BLT made with the Tundra tomato was superb. Excellent tomato.
Old March 1, 2021   #38
Andrey_BY
Tomatovillian™

Great. If you need some varieties with a certain features from my part of the world for your experiments, just let me know. It is even not late to send you something for this growing season)

Andrey a.k.a. TOMATODOR
Andrey_BY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1, 2021   #39
Andrey_BY
Tomatovillian™

Great colors)

Andrey a.k.a. TOMATODOR
Andrey_BY is offline   Reply With Quote