Tomatoville® Gardening Forums

Notices

Forum area for discussing hybridizing tomatoes in technical terms and information pertinent to trait/variety specific long-term (1+ years) growout projects.

Old September 6, 2013   #16
ChrisK
Tomatovillian™

Blauer Punkt

Roman Shades

Primary Colors

Roman Tapestry

Roman Gold

Sky Reacher

Abracazebra

Go Pack

Arche Zebra

Pink Scrofa

One of many Yamali Blue strains

Ma Journée

Hipa Gold Dwarf

Shadow Boxing #41

Chocolate Blues

Striped Students

Casady’s Folly

Guarbecque

51 32209

Embarrassing tomatoes

Hyde and Seek

Schimmeig Stoo breeding line

Casady’s Folly X Breeding line

Agrafen

Combo Stripe

Nana

Vintage Gates

Zebra Ezel

My original Green Zebra strain

La Roupie

Ignorance more frequently begets knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. --Charles Darwin
ChrisK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7, 2013   #17
meadowyck
Tomatovillian™

really incredible tomatoes. thanks for sharing them with us.

“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.”
-Theodore Roosevelt
meadowyck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20, 2013   #18
MrsJustice
Tomatovillian™

Re: Casady’s Folly

Dear Tom Wagner

First of all "'I look at you like a Tomato Celebrities"" But I will try not to get all excited, because I don;t want you to run from me or my posting. I have been following much of your hard work over the years. My Customers and I Love all of your tomatoes. On other forums, I was not able to understand tomato breading: but I did realized breading is not hybridizing but making open pollinated varieties. I realist many years ago; My love of historical farming is just for farming ang not trying to understand the anatomy of tomatoes genes because of my difficulties of dyslexia. I tried for many years to understand the formularies, but its way over my head.

I order seeds from a seed vendor I like {Love} in 2006 where was a beautiful surprise in one package of seeds that produced a tomatoes that looked like "Casady’s Folly". I thought I found it this summer but, the tomatoes that grow did not look like this special Tomato. That was a conversational display. and good tasting too.

Can you help me find it?

This is the only tomato I can not replace from past hurricanes. I must find it again.

Last edited by MrsJustice; September 20, 2013 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Dyslexia
MrsJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20, 2013   #19
carolyn137
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJustice View Post
Re: Casady’s Folly

Dear Tom Wagner

First of all "'I look at you like a Tomato Celebrities"" But I will try not to get all excited, because I don;t want you to run from me or my posting. I have been following much of your hard work over the years. My Customers and I Love all of your tomatoes. On other forums, I was not able to understand tomato breading: but I did realized breading is not hybridizing but making open pollinated varieties. I realist many years ago; My love of historical farming is just for farming ang not trying to understand the anatomy of tomatoes genes because of my difficulties of dyslexia. I tried for many years to understand the formularies, but its way over my head.

I order seeds from a seed vendor I like {Love} in 2006 where was a beautiful surprise in one package of seeds that produced a tomatoes that looked like "Casady’s Folly". I thought I found it this summer but, the tomatoes that grow did not look like this special Tomato. That was a conversational display. and good tasting too.

Can you help me find it?

This is the only tomato I can not replace from past hurricanes. I must find it again.
You've just posted in another thread that you found that there are sources for it:

http://tatianastomatobase.com/wiki/C...b=General_Info

Actually several sources for it, so Tom can ignore kind of, what you wrote above,

Joyce, when looking for specific varieties the best place to go is to Tania's website and checkout sources. Of course if Tania is listing it, that's fine, but her site is a data base so she also lists other sites where a variety is sold,

Hope that helps,

Carolyn
Old September 20, 2013   #20
MrsJustice
Tomatovillian™

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolyn137 View Post
You've just posted in another thread that you found that there are sources for it:

http://tatianastomatobase.com/wiki/C...b=General_Info

Actually several sources for it, so Tom can ignore kind of, what you wrote above,

Joyce, when looking for specific varieties the best place to go is to Tania's website and checkout sources. Of course if Tania is listing it, that's fine, but her site is a data base so she also lists other sites where a variety is sold,

Hope that helps,

Carolyn
Yes I am doing the happy dance!!! I did not have the name until reading Tom Wagner post. Tania help me replace a lot of my tomatoes and some how I missed the picture of this one on Tania's website. So I searched the history which lead me to Tania . I was so happy she still had them for sell. I ordered them from her.

I want to thank all seed vendors for trying to help me. But, It hard when you don't have a name. Thank God for Tania!!! I am so happy. Tell Tom Wagner He truly help me by posting his pictures and the name.

Last edited by MrsJustice; September 20, 2013 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Dyslexia
Old September 20, 2013   #21
MrsJustice
Tomatovillian™

Mrs Carolyn this was the first time during a goolge search that Tomaville came up when looking for a tomato variety. You'all is doing a very good job. Out of all the vendors names Tina's was the one that I trust. But I did go to Tomatofest first because we are in the same growing zone; But they did not have the seeds or it did noyt come up in their search section. This is what Casady'y Folly search look like in google: Tom Wagner's creation - Casady's Folly - Tomatoville® ...
Old September 22, 2013   #22
PaddyMc
Tomatovillian™

Tom,
Will you be offering seeds for Glacial Zebra, Blauer Punkt, Roman Tapesrty, or Hyde and Seek this fall? I want 'me all! :-)
PaddyMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19, 2014   #23
sims_l22
Tomatovillian™

Default Striped tomato varieties

Hi Tom,
Your varieties are very impressive. I am getting back into the tomato gardening. I have just received some Indigo rose for Oregon state University and would like to know have you crossed any of those with your varieties.
sims_l22
sims_l22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19, 2014   #24
NarnianGarden
Tomatovillian™

Wow. Blauer Punkt is so beautiful - if the taste is anything close to good, it would be something to try it one day.
NarnianGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27, 2014   #25
epsilon
Tomatovillian™

Is blauer punkt in circulation? The striping and spotting and range of that blue is nothing short of amazing.

Also is that an Environmental or genetic anomaly that we're seeing on Embarrassing tomatoes?

Gaston
epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27, 2014   #26
chalstonsc
Tomatovillian™

Tom, it would help me to know which are dwarf, and/or small plants. Thanks.
chalstonsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29, 2014   #27
Tom Wagner
Crosstalk™ Forum Moderator

Blauer Punkt is not in circulation yet. I think I have it in my sowing lists but then it is but one of 843 kinds started this year. I have other blue dotted strains coming along to compare the dot patterns.

Someday I will get around to describing the striped varieties a bit....perhaps when I get an increase of seed to go along with the updated growth habits....ie....dwarf, determinate, etc.
Tom Wagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10, 2014   #28
IronPete
Tomatovillian™

Very creative and beautiful tomatoes! I have ab accidental striped heart that I am trying to grow out. It should be in my avatar if I got that working correctly. It looks like Striped Roman but is probably a cross between my Red Oxhearts and a Striped Cavern that was nearby. Accidental but fun to grow out.
IronPete

Iron Pete

"We can agree to disagree."
IronPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9, 2022   #29
MrsJustice
Tomatovillian™

I also misses Tom Wagner.

I think I saved my Green Zebra Tomato Plants from the Heat today.
Has anyone grown his "Embarrassing tomatoes" he posted in 2013.
http://i.imgur.com/NqAwCkL.png?1